Advanced English "Change" texts (1 Viewer)

iamemanuel

SUPER CALLA FRIGGIN AWSUM
HSC
hey folks,

i have an assignment on "change" due at the start of next week (yes i am cutting it a little close) where i have to pick two texts and write about how the concepts of change are shown etc. i have chosen a film for one of them but i am out of ideas for the second. it can't be another film or a novel coz i dont have time to read it.

does anyone have any suggestions for another??

cheers

sam

Kujah

HSC
N/A
You could use:

1. Star Wars
2. Things Fall Apart
3. Schindler's List
4. Fellowship of the Ring
5. Looking for Alibrandi
6. Tomorrow, When the War Began.

There are heaps of books. Have a browse through the Old Change section of the AOS section. Check your library for more books!

pogostick

HSC
N/A
almost every text involves change in some way.
go for a text you studied in class..
and use a text different to a film - novel, poem, short story, cartoon..
compare them and contrast them.
:)

misbahf

You eat bugs.
HSC
We're doing poetry by Robert Gray but all his poetry has an underlying nature theme but i'm sure the teachers will be pleased.

See if you can get your hand on a stimulus booklet. Teachers have them.

Good luck with your assessment by the way.

sweethart(:

HSC
hey i looked at beauty and the beast picture book and vanilla sky film, but you said you weren't doing films...recommend 'cats in the cradle' by harry chapin i think... really good looks at fathers reflection on his change and then his son's change copying him. good luck. you'll be fine. listening to the radio, change is everywhere.

fiona.p

HSC
i had an assignment very similar to yours and i did mine on a book called "Tuesdays with Morrie".

Kruzty

HSC
i think a song would work best, i am trying to find a good song on change, any ideas?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I was reading a short story a couple of days ago. It's called "The Pedestrian" by Ray Bradbury, the guy who wrote Fahrenheit 451.

Kruzty

HSC
LottoX said:
"Big Yellow Taxi" :)
yea we studied that in class one day lol..i might still be able to use it, we didnt do much on it.

im also looking at using "can you feel the love" by elton john, from the lion king, lol.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Kujah said:
I was reading a short story a couple of days ago. It's called "The Pedestrian" by Ray Bradbury, the guy who wrote Fahrenheit 451.
ooo ! I read The Pedestrian a few years ago. And I've read Fahrenheit 451 a few months ago. Ray Bradbury writes these real weird stories but they can be quite deep and interesting at times.

& i also done big yellow taxi in class. =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)