advanced english discursive? (1 Viewer)

qwertywerido

HSC
opinions ya'll
will nesa break that pattern? will nesa think we know that they have a pattern just don't break that pattern???

d1zzyohs

HSC
I haven't ever seen a persuasive only out of the dozens of paper 2's i've done. I guess it's always possible... but its pretty similar to discursive in most manners, and it's definetely the easiest form to write (literally NAPLAN). I mean technically they can ask for informative, no?

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
I haven't ever seen a persuasive only out of the dozens of paper 2's i've done. I guess it's always possible... but its pretty similar to discursive in most manners, and it's definetely the easiest form to write (literally NAPLAN). I mean technically they can ask for informative, no?
yh this is tru. Persuasive is literally a discursive except you have to be high modal and support one view, instead of a balanced discussion!

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Just be on the safe side and have a decent discursive draft that could be adapted into a persuasive on the go among with ur creative Or even more big brain just make a draft essay which can be molded into a discursive or imaginative lol.

HSC
Just be on the safe side and have a decent discursive draft that could be adapted into a persuasive on the go among with ur creative Or even more big brain just make a draft essay which can be molded into a discursive or imaginative lol.
Hybrid texts are the best way to prepare!! its better than remembering three separate pieces

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Yh honestly best plan for MOD C. In the case that our imaginative, discursive or persuasive draft does not match the stimulus at all, do you guys think its worth coming up with ideas on the spot rather than trying to adapt ?

MrSir

HSC
N/A
opinions ya'll
will nesa break that pattern? will nesa think we know that they have a pattern just don't break that pattern???
As a past marker of English I can assert that NESA does not follow any pattern and the questions are drafted 9 months in advance with different writers without reference to previous years questions.

Last edited:
HSC
How would we write a hybrid piece? How does that work?
thx!
so it’d be when ur story can read as a discursive and vice versa, obv you‘d need make little tweaks to it fit with all the elements of the writing mode you choose. For example, the overarching idea for mine is writers block. Now it also includes examples from other famous writers and texts that my persona draws upon (which is a key element of discursives, but can also be intertextuality for creatives). though mine reads better as a story, so for that i would make the tone more conversational.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)