Advanced Mathematics. (1 Viewer)

HSC
Note that the bonus points aren't automatic as at UNSW.

They only consider applicants if there are vacancies (there are usually vacancies every year) (to B Sc Adv and B Sc Adv Maths).

I'll reiterate: if you have chosen USYD and would like to do a science degree there (Sc, Sc Adv, Sc Adv Math), then even if you don't have the ATAR or the MX2 marks, apply for them anyway, with B Sc (normal) as a backup - its the same degree! (you can switch to the higher stream later)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hi,

I recently received my ATAR of 96.25 and would like to study B Science (Advanced Mathematics) at UNSW (don't think I can get into USYD, don't know how bonus points work there). I'd like to be informed about the job prospects of this degree.

I heard that majoring in quantitative risk/statistics will give me the best job prospects and which lie in my interests. Which majors give me the greatest job prospects?

Last of all, is it guaranteed that I receive a job after I graduate?

Regards,
Hoorayz1

(I no longer want to study science advanced or med)
now i discovered why i have to be back

counter all this pro-sydney nonsense that's going on :p

Anyway, the job prospects of the degree are what you make of it. Don't go into a degree thinking about a job, because I did that with Commerce and look at my degree now - do you see a mention of Commerce there?

As asianese mentioned, no degree will guarantee you a job. You can get the degree and scrape through but who will hire you?

So you mention you like quant. risk or statistics, now at UNSW, Quantitative Risk is by invite only (you need to have good HSC results), and stats is well... yeah. Statistics will probably get you the highest job prospects since we are in such a data filled world now and people need people to be able to crunch numbers and handle large swabs of data.

But most importantly, do what you like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)