Advanced mathematics (1 Viewer)

MikeDangelo

HSC
Brief background: I am an EE major who will soon be getting a job and will have guilt-free time in the evenings after work to learn new hobbies. I like coding and stuff, but I really want to strengthen my mathematical background and take it all the way. Even going back to basics, if necessary.
I want to learn a lot. Combinatorics, number theory, group theory, graph theory, order theory, algebra, geometry, algebraic geometry, trigonometry, calculus, PDEs, ODEs, real analysis, complex analysis, numerical analysis, statistics, formal logic, functional analysis, ergodic theory, lattice theory, measure theory, topology, applied mathematics (cryptography, game theory, stochastic/random processes)...
Problem is, I don't really know where to start.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
The Cambridge books by Bill Pender. Good theory / explanations, plenty of examples

idkkdi

HSC
Brief background: I am an EE major who will soon be getting a job and will have guilt-free time in the evenings after work to learn new hobbies. I like coding and stuff, but I really want to strengthen my mathematical background and take it all the way. Even going back to basics, if necessary.
I want to learn a lot. Combinatorics, number theory, group theory, graph theory, order theory, algebra, geometry, algebraic geometry, trigonometry, calculus, PDEs, ODEs, real analysis, complex analysis, numerical analysis, statistics, formal logic, functional analysis, ergodic theory, lattice theory, measure theory, topology, applied mathematics (cryptography, game theory, stochastic/random processes)...
Problem is, I don't really know where to start.
do u want to solve hard stuff or learn theory lmao.
frankly i dont think u have enough time to cover all those topics in much depth without spending like a decade.

cossine

HSC
I would start with discrete maths and then linear algebra.

Since both topics form the foundation of many other topics and can help with understanding.

e.g. once you learn about logic in discrete you should understand the epsilon-delta definition, and various other theorems involving logic.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
do u want to solve hard stuff or learn theory lmao.
frankly i dont think u have enough time to cover all those topics in much depth without spending like a decade.
obviously they have access to a hyperbolic time chamber

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)