Advanced Maths Predictions (1 Viewer)

MJRey

HSC
I just meant cause of what they did last year with the huge amount of statistics questions. I hope it's more balanced this year.

d1zzyohs

HSC
I just meant cause of what they did last year with the huge amount of statistics questions. I hope it's more balanced this year.
I would prepare for stats. It wasn't just last year, the new syllabus has an emphasis on stats all the way till 2020. There's been a trend, and I wouldn't be surprised if theres a lot of stats questions this year too.

Stats are easy - when I did my hsc though, we didnt expect it so noone was fully prepared. Abstract statistics proofs using expected value,variance etc. should be covered in your revision (refer to last years last question... i didn't get it out)

notme123

HSC
The math papers usually leak early would anyone happen to find them and post it here?

MJRey

HSC
The math papers usually leak early would anyone happen to find them and post it here?
I haven't seen it around yet. But today's paper was pretty fair. There were a few hard questions, but apart from that the majority of it was doable.

Nezuko----

HSC
I almost had a heart attack in the exam :eek: the examiner was like “ times up “ 2 hours and a half into the exam!! But it was for standard. Lol, but the exam was doable some questions really got ya thinking tho o_O

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
The Advanced and Standard 2 solutions may appear at Matrix Education at https://www.matrix.edu.au/hsc-solutions/ soon too. Not sure if they do Standard 1 solutions though.

Somewhat later solutions will be up at https://www.itute.com/download-free-vce-maths-resources/free-maths-exams/ and they will also include the Standard 1 solutions.

Itute usually take their time with it though. They like to get it right, rather than be the quickest (potentially with errors).

Later when the Ext 2 and Ext 1 papers come out Terry Lee may put solutions to those up at http://advancedmathematics.com.au - maybe look at that later today or tomorrow for the Extension 2 and again on Oct 24 for Ext 1.

Maybe you can put up solutions here as well.

Last edited:

notme123

HSC
Im doing the paper now and just did the 'essay' question. I talked about 3 things: 1 the correlation coefficient being positive, the range of actor ages and extrapolation for younger years there's probably more to talk about.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Im doing the paper now and just did the 'essay' question. I talked about 3 things: 1 the correlation coefficient being positive, the range of actor ages and extrapolation for younger years there's probably more to talk about.
Got nothing better to do in flex week Lol.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
How about the strength of the correlation? 0.4564 doesn't seem to be very good. The Cambridge textbook classifies 0.4-0.6 as describable as "moderate".

So rather than just say "positive correlation", maybe "moderately positive correlation" might be better.

And how about the caesurae on the axes (i.e., they are not starting from 0 at the origin).

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 5.13.41 pm.png

and different scales on the axes - so the gradient not appearing to be a high as it actually is - therefore potentially a misleading graph.

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 5.17.12 pm.png

Last edited:

sneak11

HSC
i feel like he made a couple other mistakes too (for instance on the integration of the hyperbola) and also on the final where he left out the .16

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)