Advanced Maths (1 Viewer)

doink

Clone
HSC
Does it scale like how 4u maths did in HSC or is it just harder for no real purpose other than the challenge? Was considering whether or not i should do it since doing the easier maths would guarantee better marks if scaling is non-existant.

fush

HSC
well, there is always gonna be some sort of scaling. Unless you nail the normal course it is pretty much impossible to get a hd ...but if you do reasonably well then a D is not hard.

Most of the Ds and HDs are however given to the advanced students...provided they do well enough.

But in my opinion...especially for engo students, the normal units are good enough,cause the difficulty and amount of effort required jumps dramatically between the two.

an trust me, you would want to enjoy ur furst year at uni and take it easy.

i would suggest the normal subjects.

jannny

HSC
what advantage do u get from doing advanced subjects? better employment chance?

doink

Clone
HSC
Is it possible to change into the advanced subjects for second year after doing normal for first? And also i was told you can change your subjects online before march 31st however when i logon to MyUni i can't see where that would be possible.

fush

HSC
there is no real advantage for an engineer to do it imo.

If you do a Bachelor of science on the other hand and you do advanced subjects throughtout ur degree, i think you end up with Bachelor of Science (Advanced), but that Im not 100% sure.

If you think ur a gun at maths then by all means go for it, and just change back to normal maths before the census date if its too hard.

better employment chances?? not really. first year marks are pretty useless anyway, just try not to fail anything.

and u can change into the advnced subjects whenever u want, even for 2nd semester maths...and in 2nd year u only do 1 more maths subjects....and the advanced version of that is REALLY hard.

Last edited:

doink

Clone
HSC
Well i got 83 in 4u maths for hsc and i just want to know which maths will get me the better marks and as you said advanced maths is able to get better marks, im still hoping to be able to transfer into law which requires a distinction+ average in first year.

I got 95 in 3u maths and 83 in 4u maths for HSC so which do you think i should do to get the better GPA? And also how do i change my subjects? Is it over the phone, in person or on the net?

fush

HSC
ok, well i then i would prob go for the advanced maths...and then if in the first couple of weeks u find it too intense...then just switch back to the normal units (which basically covers the same material...but easier version of it).

All the changes are done online through myuni, and then self admin. You will get the hang of it once u fiddle around with subjects

oh and btw...u will be able to sort all this out and get access to myuni when you enroll in person, so just ask the ppl there too what they suggest u to do.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)