• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Advanced or Standard? (1 Viewer)

zahmad

HSC
I currently am doing Advanced english in Yr 11, and have to chose my subjects for next year....I am really stressed on what I should do. I want to have a clear understanding on what are the differences between the two subjects, and their respective advantages and disadvantages......can someone please shine some light on this topic :headbang: :headbang:...

...thanks,
zahmad

zahmad

HSC
I am ranked 28th out of 97 by the way.....gee HSCsimulator, that was a lot of help!....anyone else?

sarah1990

HSC
HEY=)

well i reckon you should keep advanced cze it scales betta in da hsc, i think the differences are the advanced texts are harder and you have 2 be more detailed, also u hav 2 do shakespeare....i got around the same ranking as you n my tutor said i should keep advanced for yr 12, so i think u should 2:)hope that helps :):)

lordesf

HSC
so doesnt it mean standard is betetr cause its more easier since the scaling is the same then isnt it better to do the easier one?

any recommendation for me? my Yr 11 assessment mark is 73% in Adv english

and i got 66% in my Yearly exam, do u think its better for me to do standard or adv?

beentherdunthat

HSC
Forbidden. said:
My English teacher is a certified English Extension 2 teacher and she knows that there is no difference in scaling between English Standard and English Advanced.
Hurrrrrrrrr.........

Yes there isssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!

Advanced for LYF!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)