Advanced SAM....how accurate is it? (1 Viewer)

munchiecrunchie

HSC
I recently entered my Yr 11 results into SAM and i got a UAI of 94.95. I didnt really try for my Yr 11 assessments and I'm getting the feeling that the calculator isn't very accurate. Does anyone know how accurate SAM really is, and by how many UAI points it's usually out by?

:wave:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
It's an estimate of your uai so its never going to be 100% accurate, however it gets very close. Some of my friends who used sam to compare the estimate with their actual uais were off by 1 or 2 points. No use putting in your year 11 results. :)

Edit: Check the threads in the SAM Forum, some people have mentioned how close sams estimate was to their actual uai.

Last edited:

kevinondiet

HSC
how do i use sam?? it says to update/edit my subjects in edit profile however i cant seem 2 find that..

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
kevinondiet said:
how do i use sam?? it says to update/edit my subjects in edit profile however i cant seem 2 find that..
Can't seem to find what? If you're in SAM and you want to edit your subjects, you'll see two options at the bottom

Edit profile
Logout

Click edit profile and add in your subjects :)

EDIT: To the OP - Get JUAI. It's better imo. You can download it off the JUAI thread

Last edited:

BackCountrySnow

HSC
munchiecrunchie said:
I recently entered my Yr 11 results into SAM and i got a UAI of 94.95. I didnt really try for my Yr 11 assessments and I'm getting the feeling that the calculator isn't very accurate. Does anyone know how accurate SAM really is, and by how many UAI points it's usually out by?

:wave:
Not accurate at all if you enter assesment marks.
It is meant for alligned HSC marks.
Some schools have easy tests, some have hard.
You are not going to get an accurate estimate if you answer your assessment marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)