advanced units of study (1 Viewer)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
ahahha, yeh quinne's dead boring... and institute LT sucks big time too...

quinne + 8am starts on mon + institute doesn't mix well...

zeropoint

HSC
Tennille said:
Does adv maths use 4U stuff, or is it all new?
It's pretty much all new as far as I can gather. The only exception is the very first section on complex numbers, which despite the name, are really not that complex. From what I've heard, all the stuff on complex arithmetic is covered in the first couple of weeks, so there isn't really any catch up work necessary. I'm also a humble 3-uniter and I say you should definitely go for it. You will get heaps better scaling, and we can freak out about exams together :D

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
zeropoint said:
It's pretty much all new as far as I can gather. The only exception is the very first section on complex numbers, which despite the name, are really not that complex. From what I've heard, all the stuff on complex arithmetic is covered in the first couple of weeks, so there isn't really any catch up work necessary. I'm also a humble 3-uniter and I say you should definitely go for it. You will get heaps better scaling, and we can freak out about exams together :D
A lot of it's new, but the vectors stuff feels like a big rehash, and if you had taken a few hours to look over some matrices stuff over the break you'd be close to done with that too.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Tennille said:
It is possible to change it online. You don't need permission for adv maths.
Sorry i meant in regards to having adv maths reported on your academic transcript. i.e Stream : Advanced maths etc.

@Mejc: Generally its very hard for ppl in the normal streams to get hd's, (maybe i should have said that instead of saying the top mark for a normal student can only be 85 which prob isn't correct as you've proven) :). The lecturers even state this at uni, it's quite a well known thing amongst all students.

For example In first yr physics the lecturers were saying that out of the 25 hd's awarded, 23 or 24 (i can't quite remember) out of 25 were advanced students.

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
Ultimate i forgot to mention the part of it being haarder to get a HD in normal sorryz

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
crap! im doing life science maths. is it hard to get D average for that. im good at maths but dont really like it much. i only did 2 unit maths

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
I'm not sure about the stats for Life science (maybe ask the course advisor) but one of my friends did it and she got close to a D for her life sciences subjects i think 73's and 74's without doing a lot of work

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
oh ok. that wud be good enough. im only doing a year of it anyway. no maths in second year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)