Advice and Help (1 Viewer)

adrianp

hey people..

im currently doing 2 unit mathematics and i have been really struggling to go well in it for the whole year, i need it to get into a uni course tho. All my other subjects im getting mid to high 80s cept maths where im getting under 30%. If i manage to turn this around to having a 60% overall assessment mark and enter the HSC with this mark, do i still have a chance of getting the UAI im going for which is mid 80s.

My other subjects are Business Studies, IPT, English Standard and Studies of Re 2

thanks!

Winston

HSC
yeah.... your other subs dont scale well... actually they all scale badly except for maths and SOR 2, business and IPT is so low, and eng std is even more low.

adrianp

so even if i get mid 80s in all those subjects and get a good rank and only get an average of 60 for maths i got no chance of getting a UAI in the 80s.. ?

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by Winston
yeah.... your other subs dont scale well... actually they all scale badly except for maths and SOR 2, business and IPT is so low, and eng std is even more low.
even though business and ipt are scaled fairly lowly, it doesn't mean u can't get a good uai with them.
scaling is meant to be a method of "evening the playing field". i think it's a frequently-made misconception that low-scaling = bad marks.
try out SAM with the low-scaled subjects.....doing well = uai 95+

Collin

HSC
N/A
Believe me, you would not want to drop to General Mathematics. Since you 'need' it for uni (as you said), it minimum would be two unit. In general, a good headstart for tertiary level mathematics would be 3 unit so General really is trivially irrelevant unless the course you're doing is minimally related to mathematics, which would then contradict the notion to which you claimed in your post that you 'needed it' for uni.

Study really hard, consider tuition and do LOTS of practice questions. Don't understand something conceptually? ASK your teacher and beat him out to explain it to you, just hang in there and everything will work out. To get a mid to high 80s you would want pretty high rankings for the subjects your doing and definitely above 70 atleast for 2 unit maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)