Advice for Future Students (1 Viewer)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Love, you want to do arts.

You know all the stereotypes about arts getting you nowhere and arts students being able to bulge?

Well they're all true.

I am living testament to this.

Why stress when you could be talking to those people you bump into and having pleasant conversation (eg. "Sup Brogan?" :wave:)?

tlodg

HSC
N/A
brogan77 said:
Hey?

I chat to everyone that says hello to me, and there's a fair few of them. :(
how do you come up with things to chat about.......

I mean....
i don't want to say things like "how r u"

because the answer is always "fine", "ok", "good", something along those lines.... :(

tlodg

HSC
N/A
dagwoman said:
There's a bit of stuff on the USyd website but it's relatively brief and I doubt it's written by actual students. I'm going to Sydney next year, and I was wondering if you guys have any advice to give us (soon-to-be) newbies. Stuff about lectures, getting around campus, general tips etc. I'd really appreciate it.

1.) don't be "stuck" in a closed tight group of friends.
it's ok to stick with some "old friends" at first but..
don't let it go too far
or u may lose chances of knowing *new* awesome people

2.) Lectures....even if u think they are *useless*
still try to go, especially closer to the end of the semester...where there are significantly lesser and lesser people showing up (it seems more "severe" this term than last term....well that's probably what u'll observe.....in your coming years)...and u may discover that when there are less people in a class u tend to focus/learn better......

3.) beware of people who only want to use you for uni work.......
and I'm not just talking about group work..
believe me if you reject them sometimes they'll respect you MORE than if you say Yes to many many requests......
not trying to scare you here........ not everyone is like that, and if u don't look/act/seem nerdy or extremely hardworking or nice at all...
then the odds of these people approaching you would be substantially lower.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)