Advice for HSC Society & Culture? (1 Viewer)

snazzshazz

HSC
Okay so I'm currently in Year 11, doing Biology,Physics,Chemistry,Adv. English,2U Maths, Society & Culture and Studies of Religion.

I'm thinking of dropping Physics in Year 12 because it's already way too difficult for me. I aspire to do Veterinary Science or Medicine so in my HSC year I want to focus on the Sciences and English and Maths.

I was wondering if Society and Culture would be difficult to handle on top of that or would I be able to survive? Would it be hard to be balance my sciences with this subject or would I be okay? Because I want to do a subject which sort of lets me focus on my sciences without stressing me out too much.

Also, it's hard to get good marks in the PIP, is this true?
Are the PIP difficult or require a lot of time/work?

Thanks for your help dudes. :hippie:

mjones14

HSC
If you enjoy Society and Culture it can work really well for you. I do science (well only chem now) and for me anyway, SAC is a lovely change any time of the day.

But, yes, the PIP is hard and to do it well will mean ALOT of time and effort to survive in the course. I think it is because SAC is seen as a "bludge" course the people say it is hard. If your PIP can retain your interest and you're passionate about your topic, you'll do fine :)

HSC
S&C is crap because it's incredibly subjective, and it's too simple and quite irrational for my liking. Too many generalisations. I don't work that way. It's like 1/100000000000000000th of what actual sociology is. So it's a fake subject.

I don't like it.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Glad I dropped it. The five concepts were so annoying. Our teacher pretty much taught to the exam. I just didn't like it.

But if you like it, good luck :)

Tashiwa01

HSC
It really isnt that hard of a course to do in year 12 if you manage your time wisely, especially with the PIP. As long as you do that consistently, bit by bit, it is not gonna be a big deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)