Advice for last monthish of high school (1 Viewer)

Leggie

HSC
I never really thought that I would be asking this but yeah, I can't believe after crying my way into kindergarten that I would be meeting the end of school education this fast. What advice would those who have already graduated and lived more life give to us that are about to do so. I don't want to mess up the last bit of time before the chapter of school ends.

dasfas

HSC
Spend tons of time with your friends! Enjoy the last of your classes, maybe start a journal and write down your thoughts so you can look back on it fondly in a few years time.

Don't take anything too seriously - yes you should still be studying for the HSC, but you've done it, you've finished y12

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
If you haven't applied for scholarships there's still time. Apart from that just study for the HSC and enjoy being a senior in your school.

I was pretty sentimental when graduating but I very rarely think back on highschool now.

General life tips for someone about to graduate:
  • You will probably stop hanging out with most of your highschool friends in 6 months. That's completely normal.
  • Having a daily routine of keeping your environment clean as an adult is extremely important to your future academic and career success.
  • You should try to enjoy 18-21 while still being moderately responsible. You can get away with significantly more at that time. I don't recommend becoming overcommitted to the grind because burn out in your mid 20s is a real thing.
  • There may be better barbers than the one you currently use.
  • Dont catch nightrider busses.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
that's kinda sad tbh :oldfrown:
You guys will just learn that there are differences between your personal values and hobbies outside of school.

If you apply effort then you can keep contact with people. It's just important to understand that most people won't and it's not about you.

I know a lot of people that still have 5-6 school friends. My little brother (who graduated last year) still has 3-4 and maintains contact with a few more.

Leggie

HSC
If you haven't applied for scholarships there's still time. Apart from that just study for the HSC and enjoy being a senior in your school.

I was pretty sentimental when graduating but I very rarely think back on highschool now.

General life tips for someone about to graduate:
  • You will probably stop hanging out with most of your highschool friends in 6 months. That's completely normal.
  • Having a daily routine of keeping your environment clean as an adult is extremely important to your future academic and career success.
  • You should try to enjoy 18-21 while still being moderately responsible. You can get away with significantly more at that time. I don't recommend becoming overcommitted to the grind because burn out in your mid 20s is a real thing.
  • There may be better barbers than the one you currently use.
  • Dont catch nightrider busses.
I am not really sure as to what you mean by night rider busses. Are they just buses that operate in the night or is this some type of company because if it is riding a bus in the night, oh well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)