• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

advice for maths (1 Viewer)

chrisrules

HSC
Heres the deal..i either get into 3 unit maths or im screwd, ive done average this whole year probably an average mark of 70-something% the whole year. For my yearly i got a heartbreaking 64% and i need to be in 3 unit next year. I know I didnt do my best for these exams, most of the time i forgot my calcualtor pencil etc. If i get a good mark on my SC, say a Band 5 - 6 do you ppl think i will be allowed to enter 3 unit maths?
:worried:

Thankyou in advance :)

mudcake42

HSC
I'm not sure the school really cares about your SC result to be honest. Each school's standard is different, so for mine, if you got a band 5 then that's pretty average in the year. However your school might be different, where a band 5 is seen as an excellent mark.

Ask your school to just give you a go at it and see how it goes. and then work your butt off!

crazathiest

HSC
School Certificate is a joke. If you're getting 70% all year round, then I expect you to get a band 5-6 easy. I was getting shithouse below 50% in intermediate, I got about 70% in SC.

This has no affect of what you choose the next year, but you might want to study up on 3 unit maths if that's what you really want to do.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I got 54% for my yearlies .

But 94% for SC (band 6)

Don't bother.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
I think most schools use your actual school rank rather than what band you get in the maths SC as an indication of whether you'll get to do 3 unit maths. I personally think that the SC is a horrible benchmark, especially for maths. :p

backrowcentre

HSC
Hmm, I was getting 90% average, then during trials I kinda died and now I'm not even expecting to pass maths lol. It didn't matter for my school; if you wanted to do ext. maths, you could, well after the teacher's attempt to persuade you not to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)