advice for people in school (1 Viewer)

bineal

HSC
1. Read the student made notes in the BOS resources.
2. The EXCEL past exam question and solution book for some subjects is a very good read. Read the book properly and you will be fine.
3. It is deceptively easy to get a high ATAR. I knew people who literally did NOTHING the whole year and pulled up with an 80 ATAR. People who get below 70 simply did not make the transition to effective individual study methods.
4. Enjoy your time in high school and praise your teachers for actually teaching you. Even if you think your teacher hates you, they still want you to do well, and they want to push you as much as you can go.
5. Please pick a subject in university that you enjoy studying. Treat university as if it is a business. The tutors and lecturers will only ever help you during the time prescribed in lectures and tutorials. The transition to study in university is that no one is going to push you to do anything. No one will tell you how to study. In most units, lecturers just throw a book at you and expect you to be able to study on your own.
6. People in trades make more money than most professionals. DON'T EVER PICK A SUBJECT WHEN YOU ARE IN IT FOR THE MONEY.

lucifersguard

HSC
DON'T EVER PICK A SUBJECT WHEN YOU ARE IN IT FOR THE MONEY.
I wouldn't pick a subject in UNI because I liked it. Who would want to study what they like, thats the most inpractical statement ever. You a pick a subject to get paid. I doubt anyone has gone 3+ years to UNI just to study a subject they like so they can know more about and talk to there friends about it.

HSC
Lucifer you clearly have no conception of what university is about...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)