Advice for Sydney Girls High School Entrance? (1 Viewer)

theschoolgirl

HSC
N/A
Hi! I'm going to be in Year 10 in 3 days and am planning to apply for a selective high school in Year 11. What's on top of my list right now is Sydney Girls High School and I was hoping you can give me some tips on how to get in there, like what kind of grades do they normally accept? What extracurricular activities would they prefer? Any type of tips would be highly welcomed. :)

P.S. I just joined today!

emotionalbaka

HSC
Hey! I am in Year 10 this year and am wanting to apply to a selective school too. From what I know, Sydney Girls doesn’t have any entrance exam which means that having good grades and being involved in extracurricular activities extensively is important. You need good grades across all your subjects and any extracurricular activities is alright. You can do some volunteering and also another activities that can gain you a competitive edge from the others trying to gain entrance. Any awards that you have achieved is a must in your application even if you don’t get the most outstanding results. Selective schools are looking to enrol students that are all-rounded and balance their extracurricular and study. To answer your questions about what grades they except, like any higher ranked selective school, you need A grades and I don’t mean that you have to get full on straight A’s but try your absolute best to get as many A’s as you can. Your Year 9 yearly and Year 10 half-yearly report has to be handed in, the Year 10 report is important. For schools that don’t have entrance exams, it is important that you make your application stand out. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Last edited:

theschoolgirl

HSC
N/A
Thank you so much, emotionalbaka! Although, would you still recommend me going even if it's an hour and ten minutes
away?

emotionalbaka

HSC
It really is up to you, I have known people from school that live in areas such as Penrith and Campbelltown and travel almost 2 hours to go to school. You can also apply to selective schools that may be closer. Are you only applying to Sydney Girls? You can apply to 3 schools maximum.

theschoolgirl

HSC
N/A
I'm thinking of Girraween and Penrith as well. Is it really hard to get into Sydney Girls, though? Sorry for asking too many questions.

emotionalbaka

HSC
It's all good, if you have any questions you can always private message me! I have never tried out for Sydney Girls but it really depends on how many girls decide to enrol as well as the number of spots they can give out. Most selective schools accept 20-30 students for students seeking enrolment in Year 11 and how you present your report, awards/extracurricular activities. From knowledge, there is a selection committee that decides which students to enrol.

doggossigh

HSC
I wrote a guide on a Baulko application, which would be pretty similar since they both judge purely on reports and extracurriculars. I cbbs typing it out again lmao sorry, but best of luck for your application!

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
I wrote a guide on a Baulko application, which would be pretty similar since they both judge purely on reports and extracurriculars. I cbbs typing it out again lmao sorry, but best of luck for your application!
just find it somewhere, copy and paste it

theschoolgirl

HSC
N/A
Thanks so much! It really does help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)