• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

advice for y12? (4 Viewers)

saltedparsley

HSC
while im here can anyone who did phys, chem or ext 1 math in yr 12 tell me what topics I should look out for?? like which topics/modules you guys think were the hardest??
for chem, mod 7 is pretty content heavy i'd say compared to 5&6 which have more calculation-related stuff.
may want to watch out for mod 8 depending on your teacher because it's arguably the shortest and also the last module, so they may rush through it (at least we did)
know your polyatomic ions, strong/weak acids and solubility rules very very well.
it's also a good idea to keep track of all the pracs you do throughout the year, especially important ones that appear in the syllabus (e.g. making a standard, titration) - they may ask questions about methods/expected results for these in exams
specifically for the harder calculation questions (i.e. towards end of hsc papers), conceptual understanding of principles/calculations also helps as sometimes they'll word it *interestingly*, and it may not be immediately obvious what calculations you need to perform.
nb. take all this with a grain of salt, my chem abilities are definitely not the absolute best

person3024

HSC
while im here can anyone who did phys, chem or ext 1 math in yr 12 tell me what topics I should look out for?? like which topics/modules you guys think were the hardest??
imo and from a lot of people i know mod 6 can be the hardest because there's a lot of remembering to do and i honestly dont know why but its so hard to grasp sometimes, mod 7 looks a lot at first and yeah it is content heavy but its probably the besttt and most fun module after you practice a lot and understand the concepts. i recommend the scienceready site for study on top of textbook and class resources because it condenses stuff down according to syllabus points (also personal preference tho).

ilovecutecats

HSC
N/A
Perms and Combs, honestly 3U is not that different to 2U it just goes a bit deeper. The real jump is from 3U to 4U. Anybody that does well in 2U could handle 3U well

Aeonium

zero sugar, zero ice
HSC
N/A
try have friends/a cohort that work together/contribute and um energise u almost ??? working TOGETHER (MAINLY WITH YOUR FRIENDS) is motivating for me. make sure to have something other than hsc/generic skl shi to talk about (at least for me, i become distant if it is cos after 6h of studying i cannot be fuckedddd)
p.s if your cohort does not share shit, you r not obligated to 🌞😘

since ur going for med u better dedicate time to UCAT — probably need like 3.1k cos of score inflation

find your favourite pen asap

for english, unless you have a metric ton of exemplars to reference, read your text. make essays well in advance & get as much feedback as possible. but ALWAYS understand the rubric. also make sure to do paper 1 comprehension cos ik a lot of ppl suck at them.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
try have friends/a cohort that work together/contribute and um energise u almost ??? working TOGETHER (MAINLY WITH YOUR FRIENDS) is motivating for me. make sure to have something other than hsc/generic skl shi to talk about (at least for me, i become distant if it is cos after 6h of studying i cannot be fuckedddd)

since ur going for med u better dedicate time to UCAT — probably need like 3.1k cos of score inflation

for english, unless you have a metric ton of exemplars to reference, read your text. make essays well in advance & get as much feedback as possible. but ALWAYS understand the rubric. also make sure to do paper 1 comprehension cos ik a lot of ppl suck at them.
Now you, you've been moving on
Let me know, can I come along?
Since you're gone, oh, it's been so long
On my own, my own, my own, my own
Living in a haze, staying in the shade
All I do is sit around and wait for better days
I could use a break, can I get an Amen?

kkk579

hello
HSC

who said i was goijg for med??? or r u responding to smo else

kkk579

hello
HSC
Now you, you've been moving on
Let me know, can I come along?
Since you're gone, oh, it's been so long
On my own, my own, my own, my own
Living in a haze, staying in the shade
I could use a break, can I get an Amen?
also bro ty for those proof vids ngo didnt even explain what 'if and only if' means 💀

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)