Advice in completing Masters in Cybersecurity and pursuing PhD? (1 Viewer)

Tez Hasan

HSC
I'm in a situation where I'm so confused about where to begin. I understand this is ultimately my decision but your advice here will help me to get things clear.
Current Qualification:
Bachelor of Information Technology, not honours – No specific major
Completed: 2016
Work experience: About 2 years in IT industry
Qualification I would like to complete: PhD
I wanna go for Bachelor > Masters > PhD or Bachelor > Masters > MPhil >PhD – Whichever quicker
Please advise me what would you do if it’s you? I’ve received the following offer letter,
  • Masters in Cybersecurity – 1.5 year – RMIT Melbourne– Total tuition fees $12,000 (Govt. subsidised)
  • Master of Advanced Cybersecurity Engineering – 2 years – UTS Sydney – Total tuition fees $60,000
  • Master of Information Technology Cybersecurity Major – 1.5 year – The University of Sydney - Total tuition fees $54,000
  • Masters in Cybersecurity Majoring Cryptography – 1.5 year –The University of Queensland – Total tuition fees $54,000
  • Graduate Certificate in Cybersecurity – 6 months – UNSW Sydney – Total tuition fees $3600 (Govt. subsidised)
I wanna study in ranked university but tuition fee became a headache. I’m thinking of studying Graduate certificate in UNSW 6 months first and then RMIT 1.5 years to get high skills in Cybersecurity and the start PhD? Do you think spending $54,000 at Sydney University (Ranked #4 for employability in the world) is worthy?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Do you want to be a low-paid academic with no job security? If so, get a PhD. With a qualification in Cybersecurity, I believe there're many well-paid jobs waiting for you.

Warning: I may be talking about something I know little about.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)