advice line now open! (1 Viewer)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
no, sorry 2 get ur hopes up, they didnt decide 2 finally include d+t on the advice line, so instead we can go through all our problems here, if ya need any help just ask cause it will help me by going through stuff and discussing it all

which sections are people thinking will be hard in this year's exam?

DanielleM

HSC
innovation and emerging technologiess...
grrr that topic
is it really necessary to like know both an innovation and emerging
cause its only included as an option to talk bout em in the extended response rite?
man... so screwed more worried bout modules

dawso

HSC
DanielleM said:
innovation and emerging technologiess...
grrr that topic
is it really necessary to like know both an innovation and emerging
cause its only included as an option to talk bout em in the extended response rite?
man... so screwed more worried bout modules
modules???

also, i found it easier to simply look over the emrging technologies within the innovation you studied....u did cochlear implant from memory....so that shouldnt be hard

i also looked through the syllabus and the only mention of emerging technologies is its impact on innovation....

pmr_123

HSC
wow...hold up, do we really have to know our innovative case study???
i don't want to have to revise that, especially not now.
and you know, if we need to know it, my useless fuck of a teacher could have possibly told me that months ago... but no...

naddie

HSC
If anyone could help me further my understand the topics on management, manufacturing and innovation that would be great! Im studing out of the excel books and don't understand the above topics.

dawso

HSC
pmr_123 said:
wow...hold up, do we really have to know our innovative case study???
i don't want to have to revise that, especially not now.
and you know, if we need to know it, my useless fuck of a teacher could have possibly told me that months ago... but no...
or u could hav simply got off ur arse and done some work of your own? read ur textbook, the syllabus, or even attempted one past paper??

its wankers like u that cause the board 2 include the fatc that u cant go for misadventure on grounds of shit teaching, so maybe now that u hav made a start and read this thread, yes, u can go study ur innovation, or start an entirely new case study like i did cause i dindt like my old one

naddie said:
If anyone could help me further my understand the topics on management, manufacturing and innovation that would be great! Im studing out of the excel books and don't understand the above topics.
sure, in terms of managemnet, just read through ur folio from ur MDP and hav a look at what u did 2 ensure quality managemnet of all resources, how u documented these and how u evaluated these

manufacturing is basically just the diff between mass production and one off projects....different procedures etc

innovation....u want me 2 do all of that now? just read excel, it covers all the areas here (in about 3 different chapters)

dawso

HSC
ok everyone, its the dawso quiz time, try this one:

(all except fakingtheday as i already discussed it wit him, thats right, fuck off jim!)

whether a design is mass produced or an original, all resources selected must be:

a - safe and suitable
b - aesthetic and functional
c - tested to meet associated standards
d - evaluated according to established criteria

dawso

HSC
naddie said:
.......is it A?
well all designs have to be safe, and suitable, but this is not the answer (my biggest hate of d+t, id say that all 4 of these answers are correct...but remember u hav 2 pick the MOST CORRECT solution....)

but no, A was not what i thought or wat the answers had...

dawso

HSC
naddie said:
ok, a just looked at managment in the book, its fair shoddy

id say that management simply involves the planned use of resources and the time and finance side of eachm 4 key steps:

planning, organising, implementing and evaluating (by listing these in the exam it straight away says u know wat ur on about)

other than that, just include a range of evaluations and techniques, um,....thats bout it i think

dawso

HSC
CMAn said:
its got to be d
ud think so wouldnt u.....in fact, 5 people ive asked so far all thought this....but apparently, no its not :S

dawso

HSC
Picle said:
a and c have to be answer
ok then, if you think this, explain why they HAVE TO be the answer?

Picle

HSC
they must be safe and suitable for the consumer as this is the target market of the product. They must abide by law to produce a product that is both safe and suitable to the consumer.

2. the product needs to be tested to meet the needs otherwise the product will possibly be rejected by the consumer/target market and this means that the product may go flop

i dunno im just guessin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)