advice needed for subjects (1 Viewer)

supraz

HSC
hi i do maths 2unit currently n i am starting 2 find it difficult now i am aiming 4 a uai of around 85 so i was wondering 2 achieve that would general maths be better of or should i stick 2 2unit maths

i currently do Ancient History, Modern History, English Standard, IPT, IT and maths 2 unit.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
If you're struggling with 2U, either drop to general or find a tutor. If you're just above average, then I'd suggest you keep persistent.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
If you're aiming for anything under 90, I'd say drop general - because you don't really need to fear from the scaling of it and it will make maths a hell of a lot easier and allow you to focus and potentially do well in all your other subjects.

ratcher0071

HSC
You can be able to get an UAI of 90+ in maths 2unit. I agree with Exhaust, get a tutor, or drop to general

supraz

HSC
thanks a lot for all ur guys help

im just waiting 4 my marks as i had my yearlys n now got hols so find out soon, but if i do drop 2 general wat do i tell my parents theyre really strict any ideas?????

beve

Jesus
HSC
supraz said:
thanks a lot for all ur guys help

im just waiting 4 my marks as i had my yearlys n now got hols so find out soon, but if i do drop 2 general wat do i tell my parents theyre really strict any ideas?????
practice.

HSC
supraz said:
hi i do maths 2unit currently n i am starting 2 find it difficult now i am aiming 4 a uai of around 85 so i was wondering 2 achieve that would general maths be better of or should i stick 2 2unit maths

i currently do Ancient History, Modern History, English Standard, IPT, IT and maths 2 unit.

yeh... im in the same boat. I don't know wheather to drop or stay.
But im planning to go over all the work we did in the prelim course and teach myself some maths we'll be doing for HSC in the holidays, and if I still have no clue, i might drop.

Robin Hood

HSC
it depends how well you are doing and how well you want to do.
Eg. You are averaging 50% per test but you want to get 90+ in HSC, easier to drop to general.
But if your still getting 50% but you want to aim for 60-70 in HSC then i believe that it's achievable, you just have to work heaps hard towards it

Last edited:

SeftonIsAHole

HSC
If you're willing to work hard, you should persist with 2u math. As suggested by others that posted above me, you might want to invest in a math tutor. Remember to always ask your teacher any problems you have in class and practice the questions that you find hard so you wont be caught off-gaurd in the exams. Additionally, you might want to pop down @ the book store to buy a math book that suits you to strengthen your understanding.

benn07

HSC
One of my mates did general, and managed a UAI of 93, and he was doing similar subjects to you.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
if ur doing well then u definitely shudn't drop, imo if ur willing to work hard for maths then u cud do well in 2u maths but if ur not prepared u shud drop it i guess

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
Like people have said before, get a tutor. I would recommend you continue with 2U for now, and probably shouldn't base your entire decision on your yearly mark, because it takes a while for improvements to show up in Maths.

I'd say continue until at least mid-end of Term 1 Year 12, and see how it pans out for you. Finding it difficult isn't a bad thing, because there will be a lot of things you'll have to work at to get. However, if it really is stressing you out or you're just not getting any of it, I would definitely suggest to drop it and not waste your time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)