Advice needed - i'm frustrated (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
hi all
so i picked a subject that I shouldn't have - biology, and i'm struggling so much
my bio results were good in year 11 but then this year they just went ridiculously lower and lower
i ranked second last year but now i'm 17/18 out 20
my raw assessment mark is 70

so my question is - should I spend most of my time on bio so I can get >90 in the hsc (hopefully) or focus on the other subjects?
i am on 11 units and i'm going well with all my other subjects (raw mark >90, except for maths extension 1 which 75-80)
my school is in the top 20 i hope my cohort can drag my bio mark up if we (or they) all do well in the hsc? (is that true?)
i just hope i would get a band 5 in bio as the subject i wanna do in uni requires an atar of 98 :(

please give me some advice guys x

jaycoo50

HSC
My raw assessment mark was 99, I scored 95 in my trial, as a result end it up coming first overall, The average for bio is 85 at my school.

We had one of the best teacher and top students in my cohort. Before trials, I decided to sell my notes to my friends and other friends in other schools. They all achieved achieved above 90 raw mark, come first and most come top 3 in biology. My teacher give me band 6s thorughout the year in each of my assignments, I will provide evidence with all the marks I achieved, I scored 100% recent in to of my biology assignments and scored 93 in my first bio prac.

I am selling my notes: Let me know, we can work something work, I am always happy to help anyone! There are are many other notes online, yes I know but my notes are proved to be high quality. My marks prove it!

All three core: $25
Option comminication: Comes free if you buy core topic notes,

Let me know, if you have any other mates who are wanting to buy band 6 bio notes, spread the word. I am sure if you study my notes properly, you will achieve above 90 raw in HSC exam.

Guy now, I know send you with the notes, my study tips- telling you exactly study and get marks in HSC! I am sure you would like the colour coding in my notes, so what are you waiting for, don't you want to get top marks in HSC!

I wish everyone success,

Last edited:

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
omed stahp tryin to scam people.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
My raw assessment mark was 99
I scored 95 in my trial
scored 93 in my first bio prac.
only way to get 99 raw with those marks is if your trials were worth 10%...

seems legit... :lol:

Candidate

HSC
My raw assessment mark was 99, I scored 95 in my trial, as a result end it up coming first overall, The average for bio is 85 at my school.

We had one of the best teacher and top students in my cohort. Before trials, I decided to sell my notes to my friends and other friends in other schools. They all achieved achieved above 90 raw mark, come first and most come top 3 in biology. My teacher give me band 6s thorughout the year in each of my assignments, I will provide evidence with all the marks I achieved, I scored 100% recent in to of my biology assignments and scored 93 in my first bio prac.

I am selling my notes: Let me know, we can work something work, I am always happy to help anyone! There are are many other notes online, yes I know but my notes are proved to be high quality. My marks prove it!

All three core: $25
Option comminication: Comes free if you buy core topic notes,

Let me know, if you have any other mates who are wanting to buy band 6 bio notes, spread the word. I am sure if you study my notes properly, you will achieve above 90 raw in HSC exam.

Guy now, I know send you with the notes, my study tips- telling you exactly study and get marks in HSC! I am sure you would like the colour coding in my notes, so what are you waiting for, don't you want to get top marks in HSC!

I wish everyone success,
You're so damn annoying.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I would say your future success in biology is now up to how much you enjoy the subject. Put it this way, if you don't like biology, then your going to have a horrible time studying for it, your going to sacrifice your marks in your other subjects and in the end it probably wont make much of a difference anyway. If this is the case, i would recommend studying for your other subjects as hard as you can.

Otherwise, if you do actually enjoy biology and you are still willing, then take some time to take a new approach to your studies. Have you considered if your method of biology of study is flawed? (preventing you of achieving your higher goal) I mean i don't do biology but i personally don't think it would be very hard to study for as it is basically memory work. Just read your notes, follow your syllabus, maybe look for some BOS notes in the resources section.

There is 39 days until the commencement of the HSC examinations (as you probably already know) and IMO that is plenty of time to put in some solid work and revive your success in the subject. This more applies to all of your subjects, but just remember, you will not regret working as hard as you can from now to the HSC examinations, it's only 39 days of your life. When your results come back, i am sure you will be more than pleased with your efforts, and if you don't put the work in, you will hate yourself for it!

In short: There is plenty of time until the HSC. Try new methods of study, talk to teachers, look for online resources. Try your hardest to bring your biology marks back! That being said, if you really do not enjoy the subject anymore, don't get caught up in spending too much time on it to barely improve and at the same time hurting your other marks (as your study will be less effective when you are not even interested in what you are doing)

Being in year 11, you have more experience than me in this game :p - but this is just my piece of advice.

Good luck!
+1.

braintic

HSC
N/A
So which teacher should we report for supplying you with your assessment mark?

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
~another one bites the dust~

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
i would say your future success in biology is now up to how much you enjoy the subject. Put it this way, if you don't like biology, then your going to have a horrible time studying for it, your going to sacrifice your marks in your other subjects and in the end it probably wont make much of a difference anyway. If this is the case, i would recommend studying for your other subjects as hard as you can.

Otherwise, if you do actually enjoy biology and you are still willing, then take some time to take a new approach to your studies. Have you considered if your method of biology of study is flawed? (preventing you of achieving your higher goal) i mean i don't do biology but i personally don't think it would be very hard to study for as it is basically memory work. Just read your notes, follow your syllabus, maybe look for some bos notes in the resources section.

There is 39 days until the commencement of the hsc examinations (as you probably already know) and imo that is plenty of time to put in some solid work and revive your success in the subject. This more applies to all of your subjects, but just remember, you will not regret working as hard as you can from now to the hsc examinations, it's only 39 days of your life. When your results come back, i am sure you will be more than pleased with your efforts, and if you don't put the work in, you will hate yourself for it!

in short: there is plenty of time until the hsc. Try new methods of study, talk to teachers, look for online resources. Try your hardest to bring your biology marks back! That being said, if you really do not enjoy the subject anymore, don't get caught up in spending too much time on it to barely improve and at the same time hurting your other marks (as your study will be less effective when you are not even interested in what you are doing)

being in year 11, you have more experience than me in this game :p - but this is just my piece of advice.

good luck!
hsc 2013.

clover_

HSC
hi all
so i picked a subject that I shouldn't have - biology, and i'm struggling so much
my bio results were good in year 11 but then this year they just went ridiculously lower and lower
i ranked second last year but now i'm 17/18 out 20
my raw assessment mark is 70

so my question is - should I spend most of my time on bio so I can get >90 in the hsc (hopefully) or focus on the other subjects?
i am on 11 units and i'm going well with all my other subjects (raw mark >90, except for maths extension 1 which 75-80)
my school is in the top 20 i hope my cohort can drag my bio mark up if we (or they) all do well in the hsc? (is that true?)
i just hope i would get a band 5 in bio as the subject i wanna do in uni requires an atar of 98 :(

please give me some advice guys x
well if everyone in your cohort that does bio (incl you) gets 100 in the HSC you will get 100 overall as 100 (mark for your internal rank) + (100 your exam mark)] divided by 2 which is clearly a band 6.

so technically it is possible- start doing those past papers

in seriousness, I think its better for your atar to bring up your bio even if its comprising the time you have for your other subjects because you probably already have a good foundation and theres more room to improve (thus more room to improve your atar by focussing on bio)

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Your final assessment mark is moderated which is based on your cohorts performance in the final exams
So if your cohort does reasonably well in the exams your assessment mark will most likely be higher than 70

leesh95

HSC
I was averaging around 65%-70% in bio last year and now I am around 94%. I think the most important thing in biology is to make your own notes according to the syllabus. In fact the syllabus is probably your most useful tool in biology. Try to be as precise as possible. Take the syllabus points as a question and don't ramble on to much about useless things.
My major mistake was that I learnt too much content and didn't pay attention to that content. In Year 11 i thought just memorizing bio was good enough. However its not just enough to rote learn; its a science subject and you have to understand and grasp the concepts. Try to understand how what you are learning fits in together.

kittysun0924

HSC
Hi, I saw your private message for the resources. But the system said you don't receive private message.
I want to buy your maths and chem resources~~ please replyyyy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)