Advice needed.... (1 Viewer)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Hey guys,

How would you approach a question like this "Outline an economic benefit and economic cost of a free trade agreement involving Australia"

That is a 2012 hsc question

I have always assumed that for a question like this you must be specific about an agreement, such as APEC, AANZFTA to get full marks (i lost marks in my half yearly for not doing so).

Despite this, i had a look though the HSC exam workbook and the exemplar answers given don't mention any specific agreements at all, but instead are just general benefits and costs of free trade agreements.

So my question to you is, what would you do in this scenario? Would it be better to be specific just in case or would you take the easy option out

Last edited:

lolwot

HSC
If you know one I'd put it in just in case. I also had this question in half-yearly but I made up one: the Japanese-Australia FTA and lost a mark LOL!

And are the HSC Exam Workbooks like a physical book lol?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
If you know one I'd put it in just in case. I also had this question in half-yearly but I made up one: the Japanese-Australia FTA and lost a mark LOL!

And are the HSC Exam Workbooks like a physical book lol?
Yeah i was thinking that, i actually got 1/3 for not giving a specific agreement as my teacher thought you had to be specific.

I think so, i just have a photocopied booklet of exemplar responses the 2012 short answer questions that my teacher did.

Last edited:

NFmusic1995

HSC
"Outline an economic benefit and economic cost of a free trade agreement involving Australia"
I would first talk about one, such as SAFTA or NAFTA.
An economic benefit is clearly that it improves trade through breaking down protectionist barriers such as tariffs, futher increasing economic growth (insert Eco Bullshit). A negative impact is that you can say is trade diversion, or other economies may exclude us because we didn't include them, or unemployment may be affected in the short term.

It says involving Australia, so that means, talk about one which involves Australia, no point talking generic or like "EU" ..

k

Kipling

HSC
"Outline an economic benefit and economic cost of a free trade agreement involving Australia"
I would first talk about one, such as SAFTA or NAFTA.
An economic benefit is clearly that it improves trade through breaking down protectionist barriers such as tariffs, futher increasing economic growth (insert Eco Bullshit). A negative impact is that you can say is trade diversion, or other economies may exclude us because we didn't include them, or unemployment may be affected in the short term.

It says involving Australia, so that means, talk about one which involves Australia, no point talking generic or like "EU" ..

k
NAFTA is an agreement between the USA, Mexico and Canada...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)