Advice on choosing where to do IT (1 Viewer)

incontrol

HSC
I'm interested in doing the Bachelor of Information Technology at Macquarie Uni, however, I only managed to get a 67.55 ATAR out of the required 74.40 ATAR.

I've considered several options;

1) Do UTS:Insearch or Macquarie SIBT- UTS Insearch needs a 65 ATAR to do the accelerated Diploma of Information Technology, and then transferring to the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology in the second year however the cost of the course (potentially $25,000+) is somewhat a concern.

2) Take up what will more than likely be offered in the main round, ICT at UWS and potentially transferring to Macquarie after the first year.

3) IT at CQUniversity in the city

4) Doing a TAFE course(s) which would essentially give me the same thing as if I were to do university

Which do you think I should do which will benefit me in an IT career? All of these have their positives and negatives, but I'd like to know which would be better for a career in IT.

Also, I qualify for 2-3 bonus points at Macquarie, is it possible for them to accept me in the main/subsequent rounds?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
If you have lots of money (ie. are willing to pay tuition up front) you can always do non-award study at MQ and, provided you maintain your grades, be admitted into a Bachelor of Information Technology after a semester.

This is where you pay upfront to study units without technically being within a degree. If you maintain a 2.0 GPA (pretty easy to do) over 4 units of study (about a semesters worth) then you can be admitted directly into a Bachelor of Information Technology where you then become covered by HECS-HELP. The credit you earned under the initial non award study also gets transferred over, so it all counts towards your degree.

More info:
http://mq.edu.au/pubstatic/courses/non-award_study/general_information/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)