Advice on ECON350, FIN310, ACCG329 and quite possible ACST300 (1 Viewer)

whateverrrr

Banned
HSC
Hey guys,

Planning on finishing up my applied finance degree at end of next semester next year hopefully. I have 10 cp remaining and plan on doing the following combinations:
-ACCG329
-FIN310
-ECON350
- any 200 level subject
Those 3 subjects add up to 9cp so I have 1 cp so need to do an elective that is 200 level or higher ebcaus eI have already done 100cp in 100-level.
Anyways, i'll worry about that myself but could any one that has done any of the above units please comment on the subject on how it is, how were exams etc. Pretty much any info. on those subjects would be great. I have already searched and read EVERY single post/thread about those units but I want comments and advice on the units for people who have done it recently (althought you can of course post if you done it more than a year).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. In turn I shall positive rep anyone who helps and also can provide valuable information on any of the following subects that I have done: ACST101, ECON110, ECON111, LAW204, LAW203, LAW208, ECON141, ACCG105, ACST201, ECON200, ACCG253, ACCG353 (WORST SUBJECT EVER!!!), ECON335, ECON360, ISYS123

Thanks guys and please give me advice even if you can't be bothered :)

Mathmatics85

HSC
No I'm going to do it next year with ACCG352, is it that bad??

atreus

HSC
ACCG353 wa spretty bad in terms of organisation of the unit and information given to students. Assessment was dodgy (assignment didnt really relate to the unit content) and the final exam had some very random components.
The content itself wasn't that bad - the textbook was easy to use and tuts were OK. But the assessment was more difficult than any tut questions. You know in some exams there are questions that are designed to be tricky, that only some people will get? Well ACCG353 semed like it was all that style of questioning.

As for ECON350 - interesting, useful and pretty easy assessment, especially if Sean Turnell is convening the unit. Not much reading, but you will learn a lot, and assessment is very fair.

ACCG329 - seemed like the opposite to ACCG353 - It's confusing at the start, tut questions can be hard, class quizzes can be difficult, and mid semester is hell, but the final exam is no where near as hard, and very doable.

whateverrrr

Banned
HSC
No I'm going to do it next year with ACCG352, is it that bad??
Who knows, they may in fact change the course and sack the stupid pathetic lecturers and administration so keep your eye out for that. As Atreus stated, the assignment was not even relevant to the subject at alla nd the final exam was srsly a joke. In no way did it even really relate to the tute questions and the work. I mean the most important concepts in ACCG353 wasnt even in the damn final. Stupid questions were asked that srsly you wonder why the fuck they would ask it. Seriously I doubt more than 50% of the unit passed that final exam so I suspect an immense amount of scaling of peoples marks. Srsly try and avoid that subject. Absolutely pathetic and one of the worst, if not the worst subject I have ever encountered.

atreus

HSC
Anyone who has done FIN310 this year, do you remember if the exam was early on in the period, or more towards the end?

Monstar

HSC
It was early.. My mate did it first sem and he had it the same day as .. I think accg250 or accg200.

sja

dingleberry
HSC
Anyone who has done FIN310 this year, do you remember if the exam was early on in the period, or more towards the end?
I did FIN310 at the beginning of 2009 (First semester) and I got a distinction for it.

The exam was held in Week 6 or 7 and it was on the first 5 weeks worth of work.

It was a 25% mid semester and 75% final exam. The course had no structure. Every week you had a different lecturer/guest speaker/manager from a specific bank like Westpac or some association come and talk to you and real life, real world market behaviour.

The course was not brutal, but it could have easily been. It's very hard to study. You'll stress trying to figure out what to learn.

Monstar

HSC
I did FIN310 at the beginning of 2009 (First semester) and I got a distinction for it.

The exam was held in Week 6 or 7 and it was on the first 5 weeks worth of work.

It was a 25% mid semester and 75% final exam. The course had no structure. Every week you had a different lecturer/guest speaker/manager from a specific bank like Westpac or some association come and talk to you and real life, real world market behaviour.

The course was not brutal, but it could have easily been. It's very hard to study. You'll stress trying to figure out what to learn.
Was there some chick who sneezed all this shit all over this white guy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)