• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Advice on trials? (1 Viewer)

xxPanDa

HSC
i have one more week till the trials
and i dont have all my summaries..waht should i do?

keep trying to summarise?
or stuff the summaries and do past papers?

or try to do both? or maybe i can dl ppl's summaries...

what do u fink>?

klaw

HSC
In my opinion, it is better to make sure you have covered all the syllabus dot points. With trials a week away, there is a high possibility that a question may be asked on a syllabus point that was not covered in the past papers that you have done (which will be very limited in number due to time restrictions).

H

housemouse

If you havent been studying constantly, just do some past papers and look through the syllabus and see if you havent addressed any.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
try to do both. notes are GOLD (u might wish to focus on doing the areas ur not 100% with first). so is doing past papers. put em together and u've got Dynamite!

good luck!

klaw

HSC
wm_abusef said:
try to do both. notes are GOLD (u might wish to focus on doing the areas ur not 100% with first). so is doing past papers. put em together and u've got Dynamite!

good luck!
With both gold and dynamite you can rule the world!!

xxPanDa

HSC
thanx
i'm thinkig of taping notes on my phone

but what can i tape!??!:confused:
formulas? hmmmmm
syllabus dot points!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
xxPanDa said:
but what can i tape!??!:confused:
formulas? hmmmmm
syllabus dot points!
You probably don't have enough time to tape all your notes, seeing as trials are in a week or so for you. But as a minimum you would tape formulae as you mentioned and if possible, the main points in your notes. Make sure you listen to them as much as possible otherwise it defeats the purpose of taping your notes in the first place. Good luck.

richiie

HSC
I've picked up a new way to study for these trials as opposed to the way i studied for previous exams. What i am doing now is reading my revision guides for each topic instead of writting notes, then once i finish reading them i attempt past exams.

Think of if like this;

One revision guide for a certain topic is roughly 30-50 pages. Would take you roughly 40-60minutes to finish reading that. Repeat that process until you read it about 3-4 times.

After reading something that much you'd expect to get it into your head, unless you're a dope.

anyways goodluck.

Richie

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
for those doing cssa trials - they're pretty good indicator of the level of the hsc, perhaps a little harder. get through your trials and you're almost back to home base.

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
Past papers are overrated, I think. Sure they're helpful but I'd only do them if I had time, which, at the moment, you don't. Anyways there's not much point doing past papers if you're only going to practise answering questions with incomplete/scattered knowledge, is there :p

xxPanDa

HSC
what i'm doing now is downloading ppls notes and reading study guides then attempt past papers

i dont think i have time to summarise now...
maybe one topic a day= 5topics in 5 days= complete course!
not possible..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)