Advice please... (1 Viewer)

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Okay, there is only around 23 days of school left for me, and only 41 days until the HSC begins, and I really need peoples advice with Maths Extension.
I don't know whether to drop it or not. I know that it is abit late (though I'm still allowed to drop it) but I'm getting worried that it is really going to interfere with studying for other subjects.
I really, really suck at Maths Extension and only got 32% for the Trials. Since Year 11, my average has been around 40%, and my highest ever extension mark was 50%. It stresses me out heaps and there really is no chance of me passing the HSC exam for it. I really want to drop it. But then I don't know if I should...
Some teachers have said to just keep it but focus on 2 unit. Another teacher said to just not bother with anything for it (no work, no study) and just complete the exam so that it will look better in my CV. While that sounds great and all, I personally cannot let myself go into any exam without studying for it. It's bad enough getting 30%, I couldn't handle 0% (even if it doesn't count). So anyways, I really don't know what to do. And this whole issue (along with a few other things) are making me have a huge breakdown and stress heaps. Any advice is most welcome and appreciated...help?...
Thanks.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
if i were you and had enough units and didnt want the subject to take up too much study time i would just leave it for now and concentrate hard on all your other subjects then just cram for extension 3 days before the exam.

ice ken

HSC
well by the looks of things u shouldve droped it lst year. if u thinks thats gona get in your way of studying and you have 5 subs that is gona get a better mark than this then i should think you should drop it. approach counsellors at school yet? their very useful

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Apparently someone from my school dropped Textiles on the morning of the HSC exam, so it's not *relatively* not that late to drop a subject :p

I don't know, but if your highest mark has only been around 50%, and you've got enough units without it, what's the harm of dropping? The other subjects of yours would be much higher than that...personally I'd rather completely leave off a subject from my certificate than to have a low mark for it on the certificate, but then that's just me :p

HSC
N/A
I'd just drop it. Few employers would really give a damn about what subjects you did at high school (unless you're trying to get into accountancy or engineering or something, however I think this is extremely unlikely?).

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
like you said youve got 41 days for it
personally id just keep it and see how things go....you never know, you might do better than you think

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I'd say drop it or at the least put it right at the back of your mind for the HSC. There's not much point in spending your precious time studying for a subject that is very unlikely to contribute to your UAI.

kerfuffle

HSC
I had the same problem - keep Maths Extension 1 or drop? O.O (I have eleven units at the moment.)
Decided to keep it . . . Another two hours of exams won't kill me . . . right?

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
u spent so much effort throughout the past 2 years....and now you want to drop it?

just keep it, if you think its not going to be counted then concentrate on your other subjects, then when the extension exam comes up either a) relax, b) study. it doesnt matter theres no point dropping it now, just see how you will go .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)