Advice Please (1 Viewer)

kingbuddha

Which uni do most of the large banks and investment companies recruit from most every year - unsw or usyd?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
^ If you don't want spam, which you WILL get from search spiders who browse this forum, I HIGHLY suggest you obfuscate your email.

sweetylemon1986 AT goawaydirtyspammers hotmail.com

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Slide Rule said:
^ If you don't want spam, which you WILL get from search spiders who browse this forum, I HIGHLY suggest you obfuscate your email.

sweetylemon1986 AT goawaydirtyspammers hotmail.com
hey man...he ask for advice..what's ya problem...i'm just answering his question.... out of my way...

MISread~~SOries

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Sweet_Lemon said:
hey man...he ask for advice..what's ya problem...i'm just answering his question.... out of my way... :vcross:
He's trying to tell you that you should not be posting your email address within your signature as you may open yourself to quite a bit of spam... He just suggested that you change it to something else that a person (but not a bot) could read.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Generator said:
He's trying to tell you that you should not be posting your email address within your signature as you may open yourself to quite a bit of spam... He just suggested that you change it to something else that a person (but not a bot) could read.
so did i misunderstand him? coz i thought he mean tat i post spamzz above him~ :p
tat email address...wel....even though i cover it..it won't work...coz there's always unknown spams from hotmail company...hav no idea wat's wrong....god!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
To answer the original question, I am told by a very reliable source from one of the Big Four banks that graduates tend to be recruited from UNSW, UTS and Macquarie. They seem to be very careful with USyd graduates because of their poor reputation for adapting knowledge and practice to real world situations (ie poor application of skills).

That said, this doesn't entirely reflect on the institutions but the candidates themselves. The most important component of graduate recruitment is not your university, nor even your marks - it's the interview and how each candidate performs.

aditya

HSC
lol he said from one of the big banks... u got no chance in the ifnance industry haha... jks jks just try to be more attentive wat are u gonna do with a name...

newaiz.... yeh id like to thank lexicogrpaher as well that is gold infomration thanks HEAPS...

but for a usyd student if they had relevant work experience.. then they would be fine....

what about maths degress? are they valued?

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
The big investment banks have about a 50/50 split between unsw and usyd students, with the other unis taking up a somewhat smaller proportion. My reliable source: a recruitment person at macquarie bank

aditya

HSC
realli...

so like wat courses..... most of those that goto mac bank are law people correct?

becuase im thinking of doing "science advanced (mathematics and ifnance)" at unsw do u think id have a chance at getting into mac bank? coudl u ask that recruitment person for me PLEASE!!!

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
lol, I don't have her contact details, it was during one of those information thingies, but you should be fine with your degree combo.

ohne

HSC
bigger universities tend to have an advantage in recruitment from large companies, so on that basis you would expect unsw and usyd to have an edge. there is no reason to suggest, however, that you would be significantly disadvantaged by attending a smaller or less prestigious university.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
You could also do a combined Sci/Commerce degree at either Sydney or UNSW...I'd recommend that solely because if you want to work in the finance industry, it'd be useful to have done some more units from a business school.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
That's why some ppl said SYD is good for literature courses..... but commerce is more theory side?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
id' think commerce is more practical side... for wut i have doen in first sem, ALOT of theories is involved in the course i did (accounting) tho i find it worrisome to apply those knowledge when dealing real life situations...

none the less, theory / prac are both important,... if i had to choose, i choose prac side...

btw, @ sweet_lemon: how can a lemon be sweet?? and clearly u didn't take up slide rulz advise... change ur email to soemthing like sweetylemon1986(at)hotmail or soemthing (yes i stole it from frig 5 min ago)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)