Advice to Adam Bandt MP for Melbourne (1 Viewer)

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
The Greens Deputy Leader, Dr Adam Bandt ( PhD in law and politics from Monash University) is facing the prospect of losing his seat at the 2013 federal election due to a possible decision by the Victorian Liberals to preference the Australian Labor Party ahead of the Australian Greens. If you were working as a public policy adviser to the Australian Greens what would you say?

Last edited:

will90211

HSC
Nothing. They're going to loose the seat due too, as your correctly pointed out, the flow of preferences. Ironic, it was because of Green prefs that Labor got over the line in the 2010 election... Ohh well, that's politics.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
My advice to Adam is to help the Greens lurch to the right on key issues of public policy including border protection. Stop the boats we must. Stop the boats we will. Thank you, Julia Gillard for upgrading the Pacific Solution and bringing in the no advantage test to stop que jumpers/ asylum seekers from flooding into the country.

will90211

HSC
My advice to Adam is to help the Greens lurch to the right on key issues of public policy including border protection. Stop the boats we must. Stop the boats we will. Thank you, Julia Gillard for upgrading the Pacific Solution and bringing in the no advantage test to stop que jumpers/ asylum seekers from flooding into the country.
Hang on there bud, the Labor govt removed the 'Pacific Solution' and only reinstated it due to political necessity after the Libs wedged Labor. They flip flopped. Would you extend your thanks to the Howard Govt in this policy area? Also, lets be careful with our language: refugees are not flooding Australia. We have more people overstaying their visas then coming by boat. I'd shudder to think what your rhetoric would be like if you lived in Italy!

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
stopped reading there
This isn't really good advice because if they do this to get preference, they'll just lose all of the votes they get from their actual voters.
Hang on there bud, the Labor govt removed the 'Pacific Solution' and only reinstated it due to political necessity after the Libs wedged Labor.
lol

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
"political necessity" (in this case) is not an excuse son and thinking so is nothing but hackwork for the labor party

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
"Due to political necessity, the ALP is now relocating all non-whites to Central Australia"

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
The Greens Deputy Leader Adam Bandt is facing the prospect of losing his seat at the 2013 federal election due to a possible decision by the Victorian Liberals to preference the Australian Labor Party ahead of the Australian Greens. If you were working as a public policy adviser to the Australian Greens what would you say?
comment about the bold text: thank fucking god!!!!

advice to Adam Bandt: Piss off!!! you gave us 3 years of bullshit politics... honestly seen more shit get do in the iraqi parliament the way it is at the moment... screw all the independents as well... bring on a party which can actually rule in its own fucking right so we can end this bullshit of: trying to oust representatives over bullshit so there is no majority in the house of reps, stabbing representatives in the back and leadership squabbling... let our parliament finally make some fucking decent laws!!!

Last edited:

will90211

HSC
"political necessity" (in this case) is not an excuse son and thinking so is nothing but hackwork for the labor party
I feel a pang of sorrow for you - you still cling onto some twisted form of optimism for our poltical process. Your ignorance is astounding. Sorry to break the bubble son but 'good politics' rules the day in both parties, and that does mean there are cases where political necessity will dictate policy and the like. I ask you, what was Gillards infamous misogyny speech?

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I feel a pang of sorrow for you - you still cling onto some twisted form of optimism for our poltical process. Your ignorance is astounding. Sorry to break the bubble son but 'good politics' rules the day in both parties, and that does mean there are cases where political necessity will dictate policy and the like. I ask you, what was Gillards infamous misogyny speech?
I don't have any hope whatsoever for this country. Optimism has nothing to do with it.

I haven't said a single thing that was ignorant. Labor, when in Opposition throughout the actual Pacific Solution, were quite vocal about the horrendous nature of it. What kind of "good politics" is it to adopt the same policy that you rejected and criticised a decade ago? It seems that hoping for some sort of integrity from Labor is becoming more and more fantastical.

Gillard's misogyny speech has absolutely nothing to do with policy.

will90211

HSC
You have shown ignorance in believing that the decision to go back to the Pacific Solution by the Labor Government was not one of political necessity. By Good Politics I do not mean creating good public policy, I mean being politically aggressive, astute and competent at the expense of good policy. I agree with you - it is awful politics and logic to back a policy that you tarnished in opposition but then support and uphold in Government. And that is what I am saying, Labor only adopted the policy because of political necessity not because they believable in the merits of the Solution. I think, we're on the same side here.

I asked about the speech because you seemed to indicate that you are optimistic about the current state of politics, I offered this example to remind you that 'politics' often and sadly always will mar discussions on key issues - in that case the impartiality of Slipper.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
How can you state that good politics exist outside the realm of good policy

Am I being trolled right now

Literally doing nothing, as opposed to caving to xenophobia and incredulous economic racism from the dregs of society, is better than the current policy. Putting kids in goal is not "good politics" and as long as you defend this kind of politicking, you will be nothing but a hack or a moron.

qawe

HSC
N/A
Do you read Mumble, Lentern?
Yes he does - I've seen him comment on it before. With that being said, Mumble is now unsure about Bandt's reelection if the Liberals preference Labor over the Greens.

Okashi

HSC
Well this issue has been simmering for a while now starting from the NSW Right attack on the Greens and Michael Danby in the neighbouring seat of Melbourne Ports stating that he will be willing to preference the Libs ahead of the Greens. Danby has substantial influence in his electorate so his word is gold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)