Advice. (1 Viewer)

weeeeeex3

HSC
N/A
Hello,

I'm not sure whether to continue with Chemistry next term as part of my HSC.

My results in Preliminary haven't been that great but that's due to a couple of reasons.

Bad teacher, not paying attention in class mainly. (probably bcos of the teacher).

Well I'm pretty sure I failed my yearlies I did last week. My other results have been varied. From about 60% - 85% so.. mhm

Any advice?

Seamus733

HSC
My marks were pretty poor in prelim Chemistry and I also hated my teacher (which pretty much meant hating the subject). But when I changed teacher into the HSC course, I found chemistry interesting and enjoyable (as much as you can for chemistry, lol). My marks went up into a satisfactory level and I'm pretty happy I kept the subject.

If you have an interest in Chemistry, I'd keep it. HSC Chemistry in my opinion is much easier than prelim Chemistry. If you were to keep it, make sure you change from your current teacher - they make the difference from either hating or loving a subject. Even if you don't find HSC Chemistry is for you, you can still drop it anytime you want, so why not give it a go? = )

Hope that helps.

vds700

HSC
weeeeeex3 said:
Hello,

I'm not sure whether to continue with Chemistry next term as part of my HSC.

My results in Preliminary haven't been that great but that's due to a couple of reasons.

Bad teacher, not paying attention in class mainly. (probably bcos of the teacher).

Well I'm pretty sure I failed my yearlies I did last week. My other results have been varied. From about 60% - 85% so.. mhm

Any advice?
If you dont enjoy chem and have a bad teacher, then it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to drop. HSC course is a fair bit more difficult than prelim.

Also, if u want to study a course at uni, check whether chem is a prerequisite before dropping, there are bridging courses, but its probably better to do it in school.

brenton1987

HSC
N/A
weeeeeex3 said:
I'm not sure whether to continue with Chemistry next term as part of my HSC. My results in Preliminary haven't been that great but that's due to a couple of reasons. Bad teacher, not paying attention in class mainly. (probably bcos of the teacher).
I never went very well in chemistry in the preliminary course either and my HSC results werent great. But I really liked chemistry and now I'm one semester from finishing a chemistry double major at university.

If you enjoy the subject and are considering entering the chemistry field after school you should definately continue it in the HSC course. There is quite a demand for professional chemists.

danz90

HSC
HSC Chemistry is so much more interesting than Prelim Chem... I personally would advise continuing with chemistry, and then if you don't like the HSC course, you can always drop it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)