advisable program? (1 Viewer)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Currently doing commerce/law, but want to end up in the business field. At this stage, im leaning towards accouning, possibly big 4 tax or along those lines. But im not completely certain, i really like economics as well, so not too sure.

What would be the most versatile business major- its basically between acc, finance or eco for me- ability/interest in each field is roughly the same, so all else being equal- what leaves options open the most.

i like accounting as it actually leads u to a professional qualification + doing law, i cover all the CA prerequisites

any thoughts?

danielvh

HSC
I vote for economics. It actually teaches you something about the way business and the economy works, as well as providing a decent mathematical background. Accounting can all be learnt on the job and Big4 take non-accounting majors anyway, particularly if you're doing law.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
danielvh said:
Accounting can all be learnt on the job and Big4 take non-accounting majors anyway, particularly if you're doing law.
They do but in very small numbers. If you're not too opposed to an accounting major (i.e absolutely desperate for a finc/econ major or whatever...) it can make your life ALOT easier in a few year's time when job hunting.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
hmm i like both accounting/eco

what about dropping law and doing a double major in accoutning/eco that way i can do a few math courses as well. I can also tag on a minor in bus. law (which is reali the only law that itnerests me) which will cover CA requirements

Whats better?

B comm (1 major)/LLB or B Comm (Accounting + Economics + min. Bus. Law)

HSC
do what u enjoy, if u are enoying the business component then go down that path. no point going through the motions in law if you don't enjoy it as much.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
double major in accounting & business law. In accounting you will learn maths anyway, cause you deal with calculations. Also the math in economics subjects are nothing through commerce, if you want to do mathematical stuff do B.Mathematics double majoring in math + (econ or finance or accounting or econometrics etc), econometrics is the real math stuff.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)