Advising Day (2 Viewers)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
dude ive never played you... you musta been dreaming about me again... gawd dammit... you freak... geta life and stop following me around... youll scare all the new chicks this year...

are there even any chicks planning to come? that arent nerdy? (not that theres anything wrong with being nerdy)

CrashOveride

HSC
were there any ppl from BOS like 2nd year or something sitting in the sits in the middle of the place where all the Acst and stuff was...i had a feeling it was BoS MQers =p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
CrashOveride said:
Hey flyin can i ask why you wanted to do the math degree with acst? I was originally thinking of doing this but was under the impression that the App. Fin. could be more beneficial if say you didnt end up getting the part3 and going into employment in other financial sectors?
hmm, lemme think.

i like maths. i don't like app fin (i don't like the other double degree options except comp but didn't do comp125 in first year). i enjoy maths more than accounting/economics which is what app fin is at macq unlike say unsw where they have more financey units.

importantly, if you do well in actuarial studies that's enough imo. although it does seem more obviously suitable if you're heading into finance (although, people with just maths degrees get finance jobs anyway). and at least every second actuarial from macq will have combined with app fin, so you wont stand out with app fin (im not saying you would with maths).

also, math helps with some of harder units. eg. it helped me with stat272 (and stat271 to a lesser extent) as well as acst243 (which doesn't exist anymore). <--- of course, i didn't know how much it'd help me when i did do maths

personally, if you want to do finance, i don't see the point of putting yourself thru actuarial, which is not pleasant compared to generic commerce.

aside, if macq was more flexible and had more streaming in its unit, i wouldn't be doing maths but alas - false advertising macq uni.

ReaveR

HSC
Weeeeee I got a free bag and bottle of water. Except I didn't look in it and realise there was water until ages later. Oops.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
CrashOveride said:
were there any ppl from BOS like 2nd year or something sitting in the sits in the middle of the place where all the Acst and stuff was...i had a feeling it was BoS MQers =p
were one of them asian with glasses? if so it coulda been me

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Orange Juice said:
dude ive never played you... you musta been dreaming about me again... gawd dammit... you freak... geta life and stop following me around... youll scare all the new chicks this year...

are there even any chicks planning to come? that arent nerdy? (not that theres anything wrong with being nerdy)
omg, relax and get over urself manz =/

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
dont be jealous of my asian looks along with my sexy glasses... jealous bastard~!
and ive retired from daytona... due to my greatness in the game

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Orange Juice said:
dont be jealous of my asian looks along with my sexy glasses... jealous bastard~!
and ive retired from daytona... due to my greatness in the game
haha ... that is so funny ... you proberly retired from the game cause you were crap :)

*hopeful*

HSC
grizzlys a stalker ! b careful or he'll end up in ur tute :p :p
i wanna free bag 222

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Grizz is a stalk aye, ill brush up on stalking next semester, this time ill be at uni more than a day XD

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
was ne1 in the actuarial lecture at 11 something

i was the person who was late and almost stacked it -.-"

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
cro_angel said:
i was with neeja and ... for a bit.. we werent wearing shirts or promoting anything though
bos werent at the open day last yr either.. maybe this year we will make an appearance at mac depending on whos bothered going

the BOS contingent at MQ arnt really active, well active in a way of promoting BOS, but active when it comes to stalking. maybe it will be different this year...

oh yeah and watch out for grizzly... he's the biggest stalker out of all of us.....

oh how did all you newbies find macq? like the uni itself and its atmosphere?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
jezzmo said:
it's a fairly straightforward route i thought? a simple road map would probably suffice. the atmosphere however, might be more difficult to find, assuming there's some kind of vacuum in the vicinity.
HAHAHAHA

.....ahhhhhh

HSC
N/A
jlh said:
oh how did all you newbies find macq? like the uni itself and its atmosphere?
Ok I think. I was slightly more daunted by the breathing room (my high school was compact, to say the least) and the huge amounts of people I didn't know.

I also walked away from my lecture understanding my course even less than I did before... I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that if I get into it, when I dive into it - everything turns out ok!

CrashOveride

HSC
:: ryan.cck :: said:
was ne1 in the actuarial lecture at 11 something

i was the person who was late and almost stacked it -.-"
I was at that lecture and i came in about half way and sat right down the front :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)