AEC Scrutiny Assistant (1 Viewer)

Gigacube

HSC
I've heard that people over 15 years of age are allowed to be Scrutiny Assistants for elections.

Does anyone know what the pay is like & where exactly to apply? I know you can apply online but there's also a form to fill out & mail too.

Are there any other election jobs that people 15 years & over are allowed to do?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I looked into it last year and it's something like ~$80 or so for the whole night. You apply online or print the EOI form.

And no, you can't do any other jobs - the Commonwealth Electoral Act specifically requires that all other election officials be over 18.

Gigacube

HSC
So that's probably $20 per hour because they start at 5:30 & end at approx. 9:30. That's great pay for my age.

Do you know when they say whether you've been accepted or not?

Thanks for the reply! :)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
As far as I know the employment offers are sent maybe two weeks or so before the election. The hours do depend on the polling place - you're contracted to work there the whole night as far as I know, so at busy city polling places that can go close to midnight.

Also I'm not sure but I think you may also be able to apply to the NSWEC for the upcoming state election.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)