Aero: 99 at Usyd, 85 at UNSW. What's the difference? (1 Viewer)

munkaii

HSC
I've always wondered what is the difference? Is it purely based on academic merit? Are usyd renowned for the aerospace engineering facilities? I'm curious because i know UNSW is one of the most renowned engineering universities in the world. Cheers.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
no difference between unsw aerospace and usyd aerospace. unsw is all flexible first year engo anyway so it makes no difference what you go into. just that the usyd one has limited places and their space engineering streams seem to always attract a higher uai. also, aerospace has only been at unsw since 2003 i think.

JhK89

HSC
different courses... plus UNSW used to be 78 last year or something didnt it? and if u you look at uac the prediced uai for usyd is going down to 85 o_O

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
no its because unsw is all flexible first year so the cut-offs for all engo courses are the same, with the exception of software. usyd do it all seperately.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
UNSW Aerospace is closer to USyd Aeronautical than to the 99.4 cutoff course.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
It is true what blackfriday had said, UNSW has a flexi-entry which offers second year entry to the streams of the students' choice given the requirements are met. UNSW cut-off for Aerospace program is 99's not 85. A student who receives a UAI of 85 can be chosen to do the Aerospace stream given they average D to HD.

UNSW & USYD are almost unheard of based on the world scale for Engineering. If you want to have a sound university on your transcript go to England. However, it is the student's ability to produce results for companies not Universities' Reputation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)