aerospace engineering (1 Viewer)

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
Hi~ are there any aerospace students out there?
I was wondering what sorts of employment opportunities are available to graduates, and what sort of research options there were... (I've read that graduates are employed in one part of a project, then go on to maybe become senior coordinators of projects? Could somone elaborate on this plz? And is there anything else?)
Would it be necessary to go overseas if I went into research, taking into account the limited nature of Australia's aerospace industry?
Oh, and just out of curiosity, what would the 'typical' day be like for an aerospace engineer, in either research or working on a project?

bah.. so many questions.. *crossing fingers and waiting for replies*
thanks ppls (if only for reading thru all that =) )

inasero

Reborn
HSC
hey do u do engineering studies? If so copeland has a section on it....anyhows what he says is that the major employerd in this industry is the air force, so what your employment would encompass would be the maintenance of their planes and the like...however australia has few employment oppurtunities in other areas...and these are the commercial airline industry (currently in a decline, with workers consequently being made redundant), private charter companies, royal flying doctor service, etc etc (bascically orgnizations which use planes)...so yes you are right in saying that the big job oppurtunities lie ovreseas, especially in the large military aircraft industry...seeing that you attend ruse you could also consider aerospace engineering if you're particularly ambitious (check out the other threads on this board)...thats where the big job oppurtunities will lie in the future

Giant Lobster

HSC
nah aerospace is nothing short of l33t0x... u get employed by nasa and umm... philosophize with the head honchos about theoretical propulsion systems that can take a probe to the heliopause in 42 days... *drools*

inasero

Reborn
HSC
no because u can get employed by top aero defence companies

Giant Lobster

HSC
yeh, or u get hired by saddam v2.0 and become aerospace ali making v5 rockets and EM kinetic weapons for the good of evil.

pri

HSC
N/A
what a great way to spend ur 5 years of education

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)