aerospace jobs (1 Viewer)

TranscendK

HSC
hi all, got a question for aerospace people.

i got into aerospace in the main round as my second preference.

however, now that i actually got it, im pretty concerned with the job prospects.

pretty crap apparently.

dont get me wrong, i like maths, science, space and im very interested.

but me family aint the richest blokes, and i want to get into a course where i know that i have a pretty good chance of getting a secure job

so is it true that there arnt so many jobs, and to what extent?

am i able to wait and see what i get in the future rounds of offers?

thanks for reading my unexpectedly long post.

Babbu

HSC
Mmmm....rookie, you were really intrested in aerospace all the time. So how come you don't want it now. Did you miss it as your ATAR was not above 99? I mean, people who have already got the offer for aerospace might be discouraged with your presentation of negative job prospects.
I am sure if you had got into aerospace, you would have accepted it. Isn't it so?

Babbu

HSC
It's good that you will go for what you really like. Otherwise, again and again we see how people give up their favorite subjects and go for some other field just to go with the herd. See, most of them who got ATAR as good as ours, want medicine whether they like biology related subjects or not.

As far as I know, the limited seats in aerospace or any other faculty is in keeping with the scope of jobs available. So it should be ok. All the best.

Babbu

HSC
sikhman...since you have done some serious research, can you suggest which engineering speciality is a safe play from all angles? So that we get to study physics/maths related subjects and yet get a decent job in the end.
Civil/geotechnical is one such I know but then geotechnical is so different from space.
The

Babbu

HSC
sikhman...since you have done some serious research, can you suggest which engineering speciality is a safe play from all angles? So that way we get to study physics/maths related subjects and yet get a decent job in the end.
Civil/geotechnical is one such I know but then geotechnical is so different from space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)