aerospace Vs aerospace (1 Viewer)

llamasohee

HSC
why is the UAI requirement for aerospace at unsw 78 and at sydney its 99.4????

:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Because more people want to do Aerospace at Sydney. The UAI requirement does not reflect how 'good' the course is - you'll end up with the same degree.

Say there were 200 spots for law at Sydney. If only 199 students with 99+ UAIs put it as their first preference, and 1 person with 50.65 put it as theirs, the cut off would be 50.65. It doesn't mean that the course is now worth less than a similar one offered at another institution.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Aerospace @ UNSW = Aeronatical @ USyd, ie mostly stuff within our atmosphere.

Aeronautical/Space @ USyd = nothing else in Australia, and has an intake of ~15.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i don't think u can do space at unsw

waf are u sure theres only 15 in aeronautical space?

i thought at least half our aero1560 class was doing it

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
gordo said:
i don't think u can do space at unsw

waf are u sure theres only 15 in aeronautical space?

i thought at least half our aero1560 class was doing it
Some of us are Mechanical and Mechatronics Space as well.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Actually waf, Aerospace is slightly different to Aeronautical. Aerospace includes both Aeronautics and Astronautics (although I suspect the course does very little in the Astronautics field).

theone123

blue essence
HSC
which one is the more superior?

which one enables you to become a fighter engineer? :D and earn heaps of $$$

llamasohee

HSC
thats stupid then, why did unsw call their aeronautical eng aerospace eng, coz i thought aerospace is aeronautical,mechanical, mechtronic (space)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
theone123 said:
which one is the more superior?

Either.
thats stupid then, why did unsw call their aeronautical eng aerospace eng, coz i thought aerospace is aeronautical,mechanical, mechtronic (space)
Because it makes it sound 1337er and attracts students.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
theone123 said:
Where do you think you will be earning this money? :p Those who work on the fighters generally wouldn't be earning heaps of $$$ possibly $$ but not $3 :p

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Purp|e said:
for the first 2 years of the unsw one dont you just do common stuff with all the mech and naval eng kiddies ?? :confused:
Yes .

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
There are still places in a lot of engineering courses at UNSW so its likely that 78 is not the lowest UAI, just e lowest they would be willing to take to fill the course.
HOWEVER the uai of 78 is in no way a reflection of the difficulty of the course. The cut off for my course was 78, however i must do math (quite challenging), higher physics, electrical eng and a solar course, and these take work for the 99 kids to pass let alone the 78's...

however UNSW engineering is getting a bit stuffed around next year. They are making first year common between all strands...they will do physics, maths, i think chem or computing, and then an intro to engineering in which you will do a project (most first year engineers do a practical design of some sort now). They will choose out of 10 or so i am told including a pasta bridge, has to tak a 5 kilo car on it i think, a wood bridge weighing 50g and has to take 15 kg, for every extra gram it has to take 2.5 kg more, than there is the solar car, where you build a model solar car and then race them, i just did that, its so much fun and silly, as long as there is good weather.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Its all about supply and demand, and the lowest accepted UAI.

Its no different to OT at Newcastle being 92.25, CSU and USYD ~80 and at UWS being ~70

asdf

HSC
Courtenay said:
however UNSW engineering is getting a bit stuffed around next year. They are making first year common between all strands...
You serious? Were did you get this info from?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)