Afl Thread (1 Viewer)

vicburke

Capt. Schneider Bandwagon
HSC
Hi all,

noticed there was no AFL thread so here it is!
I am a HUGE swannies fan and a HUGE HUGE HUGE Adam Schneider fan! Little muffin! - and i must laugh that they SMASHED the lions!!!!

so - swannies for top 8 spot? I reckon we will be there at finals time!

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
They should beat the Roos this w/e...........after that they've only got one other home game, and thats at Telstra against the Bombers...............

We should be in the top 8 for the finals, but I some doubt whether we're as good as the top 4 sides........

nerd2die4

HSC
The only thing i like about the AFL are the adds they have on channel ten. it makes it look like a tough, must see game. i wish channel nine did the same for rugby league games.

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Yeah . . .!!! AFL!! Been a good yeah, well the first half of the season anyway. Mad St Kilda supporter!!! Think we got Adelaide at York Park (???) this week.
House mates had fun bagging out saints this wk (both Geelong fans). Anyway, love AFL footy.

vicburke

HSC
hehhe - swannies beat St Kilda.....
I dont know - I reckon the swans could get up in the finals series. You just never know, if they play like they did against St Kilda and the Lions then whats to say that they cant beat anyone on the night.....
Should beat the Roos, but, Schneids isnt playing :( :( ....not happy

bluesky100

HSC
What round was that? Would have been after round 10 . . . . hmm, now that I think about it, swans were the first to beat saints this season right?? :( Hmm, only game I know saints wont win is the brisbane up at the gabba. Others are a chance, Adelaide, Kangaroos at TD, and Freo at TD

bluesky100

HSC
Yaa!! We won!! Okay, so it was only 23 points - better than a loss, not to mention they needed that win to have any chnace of a top 4 spot.

neonazi

did u guys hear about the swans head trainer??
he collapsed in the last quarter of the game, on the swans bench, suffered a severe heart attck, and now he is deceased. cant remember his name and i dont usually follow the afl but i thought i would bring this up for u guys.

nerd2die4

HSC
yeah there is a thread about that in the news and current affairs forum, that is really sad.

Vuki

HSC
I'm a swans member so I'm obsessed with them, but they're too inconsistent to go nearly all the way this year. They need or 2 more wins to secure a spot in the finals and even then I can't see them getting to or winning the preliminary.

And to the original poster, Schneider was standing next to me at the Sydney v Brisbane game (with Sundqvist) as Schneider is injured (and the latter is not good enough to get a game yet), and he had quite a few fine sorts flirting with him the entire game, what a pimp.

vicburke

HSC
thats so disappointing...i thought he was better than that - vuki i might have to go and cry!!!

nerd2die4

HSC
I watched an entire swans game last night for the first time. the started off well but then slipped but finshed off with a win. it was a great effort and a good first game.

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
I thought when Doyle missed that first attempt at goal, that we were gonna be in for a long night................but its a good win.....well deserved...........

Hopefully last weeks loss wont cost us in the finals...........

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Tough match this week...........does the Saints bounce back after their thrashing last week?

Should be interesting!

Xtrinsic_Psycho

nah no way! down with St Kilda!
the last time they met swannies beat em if i remember...so they can do it again =)

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
AFL Rebirth!

Okay i know there is a serious lack of AFL fans on Bored of Studies but i'm counting down the days til the season opens!

I'm a big Collingwood supporter... I'm also pretty fond of Port and the Swans.
I hate Brisbane and Carlton.
The Cloke boys are soooo hot...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
lol ... collingwood!! the team with the dictator leader of eddie ... hehe. Sorry. :)

hmm, I used to follow the swans when i was in primary school. But now its brisbane. What ashame they didn't make it 4 in the row last year.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Yeah I know... Eddie's a bit of a fool... but c'mon at least he gives the sport some kind of profile to outsiders (clutching at straws lol)

And no way it is HEAPS good that Brisbane didn't get four in a row!!! It means a) Collingwood's record stands (woo!) and b) Port Adelaide won.

Good old Collingwood forever,
They know how to play the game.
Side by side they stick together,
To uphold the magpies name!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)