After the Bomb- wtf! (1 Viewer)

showy

HSC
Hi,

I'm currently doign the 'After the Bomb' module in Extension 1. Actually, that's a lie, considering we don't actually do anything.
All we have 'done' is deconstructed Plath's poetry in class (no reference to 'After the Bomb', however) and given presentations on Catch-22 for an assignment.
So it's fair to say we know close to nothing.

I would like to know:
What the hell is 'After the Bomb' actually about?
What are the political/social paradigms?

What should I be reading about, and where should I go for research in order to 'teach myself' the module?

I suspect not too many others have this problem. It seems everyone is enjoying getting into depth in this module. If so, can you help?

nina24

HSC
Hi,

I am in the same boat. I have no idea how waiting for godot or Plaths poetry relates to 'after the bomb'... My teacher also just deconstructed the poems with us.. but thats about it. We have no clue what we are doing.
I have not found any resources anywhere.. even the resource section here has absolutely nothin... I am totally screwed.

If you have found any resources would you kindly share... i will do the same once i get my head around this damn topic (and im not just saying that)

Sheri Berry

HSC
hey guys, i'm the same as you guys! my teacher hasn't really taught us anything and i've asked her to teach me the paradigms and everything and she keeps telling me that i don't need to know it. as if! i'm pretty much freaking out n i have an assessment that i'm struggling with cos i don't know anything and she gave us hardly any time to do it!
my tutor has been the only help i've got. she showed my this text book that i went and bought and it seems really good. its called 'success in After the Bomb' and its by william burden and maree jones.
apart from that, i don't have any good advise. if you get anything please let me know. i'd really appreciate it
all the best!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)