After Trials (1 Viewer)

darksouljah

HSC
no school after trials

just wondering if there is school after the trials. Every topics and lectives would be covered by then. and it would be a waste to go.

ANy ideas??

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Re: no school after trials

for my high school there were still assessment tasks to be handed in after the trials, and since our school hasnt covered every topic for maths, ie applications of calculus/binomial, then school isnt really over.
I think its different for every school though.

ellen.louise

HSC

You have to go. I think you'll find your teachers actually make pretty good use of yur time by going over everything, revising, making sure you understand, doing practise papers etc. That's what most people will be doing, anyway. The upside to going to school instead of just doing independant study is you can get your teachers' feedback on your work.

s2caz

just smile.
HSC

i know i have to go..
because we havent covered rthe chemistry option topic..
sucks.. plus we havent finished the last topic for business either;;
*sighs* but i might skip my other classes..
haha~~ nothing new...

mat2154

HSC

depends on what school you go to. different schools have different policies. at my school we definetly have to cause we have skipped half of module B in english and we are not going to finish maths

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC

i dont think we would finish our last business topic by then AND i don't think we would even get to START our personality ni modern :mad1: before trials so i'd be going back.
and besides, there are gonna be a lot of english essays im gonna have to write and get checked so might as well go and get feedback and whatnot while i still can.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC

darksouljah said:
just wondering if there is school after the trials. Every topics and lectives would be covered by then. and it would be a waste to go.

ANy ideas??
I suggest you do go to school to:

get your trial results back as well as to correct it
spend a bit more time with classmates and teachers
revise and get last minute tips
learn more about the weaker parts of your exams (they may be taught)

I can't imagine someone who has finished the course already by before the trials.

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC

Sparcod said:
I suggest you do go to school to:

get your trial results back as well as to correct it
spend a bit more time with classmates and teachers
revise and get last minute tips
learn more about the weaker parts of your exams (they may be taught)

I can't imagine someone who has finished the course already by before the trials.
It happens. We finished EE1 many weeks ago. Last term, in fact.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC

Sad Statue said:
It happens. We finished EE1 many weeks ago. Last term, in fact.
Similar thing with Advanced English for everyone- the course should be covered by early this term or by late last term. It does get a bit empty after the trials. I suppose the teacher can spend all that time correcting your mistakes, giving practice papers etc.

jirwin

HSC

darksouljah said:

ANy ideas??
you would be an idiot not to go! think of all the time u would be wasting at home while at school you could be revising all the topics - learning new things if u missed it the first time - getting help from teachers and friends, feedback etc. many students receive more marks that takes them to a higher band just from the time spent at school after the trials and after all topics are covered.

im definitely going no matter how boring revision may be.

Beege

HSC

Well I will have a few more maths chapters to cover, one topic in business (global business), I will be finishing 1 option topic for both IPT and software. English will be the only subject where there will be nothing left to cover except I have a speech in week 5 most likely and they expect us to prepare it during the trials! WTF were they thinking?!? I hate you english! It was bad enough they gave us an essay task on the first day back this term.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC

Lol , we`re going right up until everyone else ends term 3 , yikes.

Their reason behind it was because they found in earlier years that 'revision was useless' so they slowed down the pace they went through the syllabus.

That means , up until the end of term & after the trials , we`ll still be learning new things - the first time we`ll be tested on them is actually during the hsc itself.

Kinda sucks , cos we`re a lot behind other schools ... ><

Loza33

HSC

I think most of our topics will be done... except for maths... we are starting a morning class because we are so behind..

But why wouldnt you go?? You have stu vac and between exams to sit at home and study by yourself, why not make the most of the help your teachers are offering and prevent boredom - after 8 weeks of sitting at home studying, you will get bored!!!

As much as school sucks the monotomy is not as bad as study days at home, plus there is always someone around to help!

Not to mention the last few weeks with friends!!

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC

xclusv2bhung said:

Their reason behind it was because they found in earlier years that 'revision was useless' so they slowed down the pace they went through the syllabus.

That means , up until the end of term & after the trials , we`ll still be learning new things - the first time we`ll be tested on them is actually during the hsc itself.

But you're a lot better than most schools.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A

xclusv2bhung said:

yeah that's the same for mine too ...esp bio, we taking it slow but the other two classes are gunning it! i havnet startedm y options yet, my teacher wants to take it easy and go through each point thorougly, whereas the teacher for the other two classes wants that 3-4 weeks revision,

what the? some of you already finished yoru subject alreayd!?!? Damn! only sub i think would be done is prob maths and english

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC

jirwin said:
you would be an idiot not to go! think of all the time u would be wasting at home while at school you could be revising all the topics - learning new things if u missed it the first time - getting help from teachers and friends, feedback etc. many students receive more marks that takes them to a higher band just from the time spent at school after the trials and after all topics are covered.

im definitely going no matter how boring revision may be.
It's possible that people do lose interest in school if they stay home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)