• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Age of Empires (2 Viewers)

white lady

No Motivation Whatsoever
HSC
Love AOE and AOE2. Always have and always will. It makes thinks plus it's my way of relaxing (destroying multple empires just to take my anger and frustration out).

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
I love AoE 2: conq. One of the best games out there IMO.
Never lost a game is my record hehe.

For all those interested, Age of Empires 3: Age of Kings (I think it was called) is coming out next year. theres some screenies out there for it.... looks alright, but will be hard to compete vs. conquerors.

AoM was just shit. Bad gameplay.

What race did/do you guys play with?
And anyone up for a game after the hsc? =p

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
PoP 'n' Fresh said:
I love AoE 2: conq. One of the best games out there IMO.
Never lost a game is my record hehe.
then you dont play on zone.com . playing against the computer is very easy. with deathmatch i can rush in under 10 mins and win. and on random u just have to beat the first wave of troops and then its easy.

For all those interested, Age of Empires 3: Age of Kings (I think it was called) is coming out next year. theres some screenies out there for it.... looks alright, but will be hard to compete vs. conquerors.
yeh i even made a thread about it. amazing visuals

AoM was just shit. Bad gameplay.
i enjoyed AOM. i dotn know why everyone doesnt like it. i like the way the graphics looked.

What race did/do you guys play with?
And anyone up for a game after the hsc? =p
i either play Random Civ, or if its Random then Huns. if its Deathmatch then probably Franks.

and give you a game now.

Anyone play on zone.com?????? if yes ill add u and we'll play

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
amoz_lilo said:
OMG I loved age of empires! it was my first game that involved killing things...least i think it did...cant remember...so long ago...back in year 7 and then I converted to the Sims! vacation, hot date etc. what a waste of money! Over that now..
first strategy game i played was Warcraft.

first killing game would be wolfenstein

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
My record stands for online play. Never lost a game on Zone.
10mins for a feudal rush... hmm thats sorta good I'll say... though I have other strats that easily wipe that out.

Woah... your talking about a deathmatch o_O
Nah I never play those. they are...cheap.

Goths all the way!

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
PoP 'n' Fresh said:
My record stands for online play. Never lost a game on Zone.
10mins for a feudal rush... hmm thats sorta good I'll say... though I have other strats that easily wipe that out.

Woah... your talking about a deathmatch o_O
Nah I never play those. they are...cheap.

Goths all the way!

ill challendge you .i bet i can beat your streak

veridis

droog
HSC
you cant go past the poms. nothing special for wuick games but i love just matching my opponant till i can mass longbow em and take em down. so fun watching like 50 longbows take out a castle without losing a man even if it isnt the most efficient way to do it

as for RoN it's a great game. civ on roids gone rts. the risk part of it is fun too.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i remember my mate had the 1st one and i was obsessed with it

in the end he 'lost it' and ive never played it since

HSC
AOE2 + conquerors expansion rules. i remember back in the day creating my own maps trying to create helms deep, argh i could never figure out the conditions/triggers/actions. but i rememer playing that for sooooo long.

AOM + titans was also awesome. but i can't get the thing working on my computer again!!!

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
king_of_boredom said:
AOE2 + conquerors expansion rules. i remember back in the day creating my own maps trying to create helms deep, argh i could never figure out the conditions/triggers/actions. but i rememer playing that for sooooo long.

AOM + titans was also awesome. but i can't get the thing working on my computer again!!!
yeh i only understoofd the basic triggers

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
I was usually the Britons - standard argo tactics include a layer of fire from my archers while my cavalry met the enemy head-on and the Britons had the best archery and cavalry upgrades. Of course, by the time you realised my seige engines were in the unofficial back door (ie: I made it), more cavalry and archers were spilling through your town.

My brother used to get so pissed off whenever I did that in a LAN game. He once even went so far as to build six rings of fortified walls around his base in an Arena map and lock all the gates. So I just cut through the trees and went in that way.
yeh britons have great archers , how ever their seige lacks the upgrades and is not the best help. however if u have enough archers nothing really stops them , cuase they shoot so far, by the time enemies come close to get u , they are dead.
adding pikemen with the archers is even better, it prevents mounted units (knights) killing archers

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
SashatheMan said:
huns are considered one of the best civs for Random games, cuase of the no houses.
It is helpful especially whenever you forget to build some houses.... but every time I played crash (my bro) he lost.
Also... huns don't get much else... I prefer goths still.

and to kill britons: feudal rushing!!

Demandred

HSC
If your looking for realistic battles, try the Total War series, Rome was really addictive.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
PoP 'n' Fresh said:
It is helpful especially whenever you forget to build some houses.... but every time I played crash (my bro) he lost.
Also... huns don't get much else... I prefer goths still.

and to kill britons: feudal rushing!!

why goth?

and britons can feudal rush aswell

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
less infantry cost in all ages, and if the game happens to make it to the imperial age, infantry are dirt cheap and build 103% faster... takes about 3-4 secods for one unit to be made.
I have about 7 barracks, thats about a unit per .6 seconds. this also includes huskarls, whom are very effective against archers.
bascially I overrun the opponent =p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)