• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Age of Empires (1 Viewer)

Digital_Spork

HSC
I started downloading but mmm, was taking too long. Ill wait till after hsc (1st nov) and get it then.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Digital_Spork said:
I started downloading but mmm, was taking too long. Ill wait till after hsc (1st nov) and get it then.

u should just buy it.

becuase this version doesnt work onlike cuase u need a unique serial key or something.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Russian civ is the most unique in the game.

you have to build most units in bulk.

villigers can only be created in threes and cost just under triple the price. and the militarry units in barracks need to be built in groups.

theres a special russian unit that u have to build 10 of in one go.

oh well just letting u guys know some new stuff about the game

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
SashatheMan said:
did anyone real about the modifications in age of empires 3.

theres gonna be a thing called a "home city" which is like where u send resources or soemtihng and from there u can develop more upgrades. so when u are playing a multiplayer game, the better u play , the quicker u can research new technology and develop a better strategy against the opponent. its hard to explain and i still dont know how it works, but yeh its nothign u seen in the previous age series

that would be sorta like the empireearth2 technology thingo???where the more temples/unis u build and the more people u put in em the faster ur tech pts go up..is it sorta like that??...cos that fuked up the game

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
wot video cards r u guys using??and wot res and video settings??

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
enoch said:
i am usign a shitty radeon 9250. and most graphic settings are low or off. much i did terrian high and a few otherrs high aswell.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
enoch said:
that would be sorta like the empireearth2 technology thingo???where the more temples/unis u build and the more people u put in em the faster ur tech pts go up..is it sorta like that??...cos that fuked up the game
havnet played empire earth 2. but this thing is not too bad. it gives the game orginality and it doesnt effect players skill to a huge length. so players can still play well without most of the tech

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
enoch said:
6600GT (AGP). I play the AOEIII demo on 1280x1024, highest settings for everything.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I swear i posted in here....

Yeah getting through the first campaign and its the home city concept and evolution thing is kinda like the AoM engine but modified, quite like it, keeps things fun.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i am usign a shitty radeon 9250. and most graphic settings are low or off. much i did terrian high and a few otherrs high aswell.
im on a even shittier Radeon Mobility 7500... yeh i put mine on the minimum graphical settings

enoch said:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php?date=2005-09-09

You have a deck of cards that you can customise for each game that allows you to send periodic shipments from the homecity. Many actions in the game like killing units, razing building, building trading posts etc etc allows you to gain xps, when they reach a certain level, you mey choose to use one of your cards in the aforementioned deck(or u can save them up). some of these cards are reusable(like sending resources) some are only one-use only (like shipping units over).

thats the gist of it, i reckon its a good idea and will add an extra strategical dimension to the game

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
I'm going to start playin' this game soon... its all installed, just not enough time to play it.

Oh, and it appears things have changed since the demo. The final version has a smaller HUD (whatever you call it) - it displays the minimap, economy and selected unit statistics. In the demo, it took up half the screen space.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
im on a even shittier Radeon Mobility 7500... yeh i put mine on the minimum graphical settings

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php?date=2005-09-09

You have a deck of cards that you can customise for each game that allows you to send periodic shipments from the homecity. Many actions in the game like killing units, razing building, building trading posts etc etc allows you to gain xps, when they reach a certain level, you mey choose to use one of your cards in the aforementioned deck(or u can save them up). some of these cards are reusable(like sending resources) some are only one-use only (like shipping units over).

thats the gist of it, i reckon its a good idea and will add an extra strategical dimension to the game

haha i love penny arcade when i actually know the game and can relate to the humour.

but yes homecities are easiest understood if u play yourself.

Digital_Spork

HSC
I hate it when you press h and expect to go to towncentre instead you go to homecity, and it always happens while in battle :(

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
im an aok'er was obsessed for 2 years until around the start of this year, i can play any map any style. i played dm most but i was best at boat wars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)