Age of Silicon 2018 (1 Viewer)

jasperisanerd

HSC
Hello all,
Wanted to see who is doing Age of Silicon this year, and hopefully share some resources and connect with anyone who's doing it, or even studied it in past years. It seems as if such a small group of people take it, and the amount of resources I can find online reflects that. I managed to find a textbook and worked solutions to past Age of Silicon questions, so I'm fairly sure my friends and I will study it, so if you are also studying it or have done I'd love to hear from you :)
Also any notes or advice regarding it would be highly appreciated!

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello all,
Wanted to see who is doing Age of Silicon this year, and hopefully share some resources and connect with anyone who's doing it, or even studied it in past years. It seems as if such a small group of people take it, and the amount of resources I can find online reflects that. I managed to find a textbook and worked solutions to past Age of Silicon questions, so I'm fairly sure my friends and I will study it, so if you are also studying it or have done I'd love to hear from you :)
Also any notes or advice regarding it would be highly appreciated!
Honestly doubt you will get any replies, less than 100 people do this option state-wide.

Are you planning to self-study?

I think it is a great option for students to do if they are thinking of looking at doing engineering in university, it really would help a bit with some of the stuff you look at in first year.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any resources for age of silicon, but would be happy to help if you have any questions.

jasperisanerd

HSC
Hi, I'm glad to hear from you, I guessed that I might not get much of a response but I thought I'd give it a go.

Yes, two of my friends and I are studying it together, our class is doing Quanta to Quarks but we all have a strong interest in the content of Age of Silicon (two of us are planning to go into electrical engineering or similar, and the other to computer science). Our teacher was concerned about us embarking on such a rarely undertaken option, but we've managed to find some resources as I mentioned, and we are all super motivated (and have a bit of knowledge about the content already). It's such an interesting topic, I think its a shame that hardly anyone does it.

Thank you for the offer, I'll definitely appreciate being able to ask some questions along the way!

Infinityfox15

HSC
i want to do age of silicon i just need the f**king notes but they're hard to find

Infinityfox15

HSC
Hey man would you possibly be open to sharing those notes please, im highly interested in age of silicon but our class is doing Q2Q and i really have not motovation to do it. Im having trouble finding notes.

thanks.

jasperisanerd

HSC
Hey, I sent you a dm, really sorry that I didn't see your replies until now.
I'm guessing that it's too late now, but if you're still interested or if you managed to find notes and are studying Age of Silicon I'd be totally happy to share my notes and resources I've found with you. Let me know if you still are interested.

jasperisanerd

HSC
Hey everyone, I've gotten some messages about wanting notes or resources and I'm willing to share them, if you are interested you can email me on gconechado@gmail.com
I have a PDF of the Age of Silicon chapters of the Jacaranda textbook and my own study notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)