• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

age? (1 Viewer)

lengstar

HSC
if i was 14 i wouldn't mind going out with a girl that was up to 18 years old. it comes down to personal preference. right now i wouldn't mind going out with someone who was 28, i'm 18 atm, 19 soon.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by timbk2
i personally think people's personalities change quite a bit when they get into uni.
in what ways? I haven't seen too much change since highschool but i'd like to know how people may change in the next semester or so.

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
in what ways?
My group of friends changed HEAPS during the period between the end of the HSC and the beginning of uni. A lot of the people who I thought I was closest to and would see heaps ended up being the ones I hardly remained in contact with. Conversely, some of the people I thought didn't like me that much have turned out to be my closest friends. A lot of people see uni as a chance to re-invent themselves and present themselves to the new people they meet in the way they want to be perceived, as most of these new people won't have preconceptions to marr their perceptions of their new persona. I know some people actively made sure not to hang out with their old friends when they got to uni because they didnt want to be reminded of what they used to be like, and so they wouldnt appear daggy to their new friends.

I had a friend who was considering going out with this guy who was pretty much the same age as her, but he was in year 12 this year, whilst she was starting uni. At the time, she was like "we're the same age, and we know each other pretty well...I don't see the problem", but now she's like "oh thank god I didnt end up going out with him. It'd be so wierd going out on weekends with my uni mates, and telling them my bf was in year 12." she also realised that she had matured a fair bit since leaving year 12.

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
that's absolute bs. how can they call themselves friends?

what it really shows is that a lot of people are friends on face value, they love their friends and all but they won't treat them as 'family' if you get me. they do whatever they want to satisfy themselves, forgetting about their friends.
yeah, I s'pose you've got a point there.

T

timbk2

Originally posted by Navjeet
My group of friends changed HEAPS during the period between the end of the HSC and the beginning of uni. A lot of the people who I thought I was closest to and would see heaps ended up being the ones I hardly remained in contact with. Conversely, some of the people I thought didn't like me that much have turned out to be my closest friends. A lot of people see uni as a chance to re-invent themselves and present themselves to the new people they meet in the way they want to be perceived, as most of these new people won't have preconceptions to marr their perceptions of their new persona. I know some people actively made sure not to hang out with their old friends when they got to uni because they didnt want to be reminded of what they used to be like, and so they wouldnt appear daggy to their new friends.

I had a friend who was considering going out with this guy who was pretty much the same age as her, but he was in year 12 this year, whilst she was starting uni. At the time, she was like "we're the same age, and we know each other pretty well...I don't see the problem", but now she's like "oh thank god I didnt end up going out with him. It'd be so wierd going out on weekends with my uni mates, and telling them my bf was in year 12." she also realised that she had matured a fair bit since leaving year 12.

i agree .. it's differnt for everyone. Some people might change, some people might be the same, its personal preference really.. i just think that say... if i were to go out with someone in hsc atm. Theres no real way of knowing if they'd change much when they get to uni. Thats why i wouldnt really consider going out with anyone more than 2 years younger atm.

i think once people get through the first semester of uni, they start to settle down and adapt to the uni lifestyle.

as with people who dont go uni... same applies.. theres a big jump interms of freedom and responsibilities when you move up from the hsc.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Originally posted by lengstar
if i was 14 i wouldn't mind going out with a girl that was up to 18 years old. it comes down to personal preference. right now i wouldn't mind going out with someone who was 28, i'm 18 atm, 19 soon.
my cousin dated a girl who was 28 when he was 20.

myself, my limit would be 25.

LoUiE SmOoiE

valentines day sux
HSC
really 2 me...a 15 year old girl can go out with n e 1 between 15-18, and 16 year old girl can go out with n e 1 between 16-21 and a 17 year old girl can go out with a 17-22....altho it can be a different age for a guy 2 go out with a girl....but thats wat i think is suitable 4 girls

LoUiE SmOoiE

valentines day sux
HSC
but then again....all my friends hav gone out with older guys lik 24 or 25 so really i dnt really kno wats suitable n e more

HSC
im 17, would prefer 17-27

im just curious
would any here (esp girls) go out with guys that were considerably younger?

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
how much is considerably? I have friends in yr 12 who are dating boys in yr 11, but me personally, I'm 17, so 17-21 is pretty much my limit.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i don't think its age that really matters, it's all about the chemistry ;)

not that i go for 70 yo grandpa's!

bex

HSC
i wouldnt go for someone considerably younger... one or 2 years maximum i think anymore and it would be like dating one of my brothers friends! and thats just too weird right now. maybe when im older ill see things differently

but i also agree with HSC for life.. if you love someone age shouldnt matter.. i guess im in 2 minds about it all...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)