Ageings & "Regressions" (1 Viewer)

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Note how they didn't change it in the timetable...I could swear there was some bullshit discussion about how it wasn't all P&C enough for the faculty, but hey, it still reads "Endings" to me.

Looks like we still have some lovely 3/4 hour breaks, but C and D seem to bear the brunt of it. We all have uni when we've got clinical too, which sucks big time. No more 11am days off..

What gen-eds are you guys doing? Do you know if it's easier to do them during semester or should we come back during the hols to do them?

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
Hey Kim,

Yeah 'Endings' obviously wasnt PC. Regressions sounds bullshit though...

My timetable is a piece of shit. I guess yours is similar. Your AB though arent you?

I hate 3/4 hour breaks. I dont do anything in them: just waste them playing pool or bumming in my common room back at college.

As for doing gen eds: i think i'll just stay in sydney over the breaks and do them then hopefully. Hopefully I can do two at once over easter. Otherwise i just dont know how its going to fit in. The only time that I can find free in the timetable is tuesday afternoon (and that is only free 'most' of the time), or friday morning before 11 (which is our only sleep in and i'm not sacrificing thursday night...)

Dunno. Figure it out when i get back. You dont have to enrol in gen eds until the 11 March, its just they fill up since classes are small, so you have to enrol early for places i guess.
What were you thinking of doing for gen eds?

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Fosweb said:
...and i'm not sacrificing thursday night...)
Lolling Out Loud (LOL)

Where's Yewon when you need her...I saw her post in a couple of gen-ed threads and I'd like her expert opinion because I really cannot be bothered digging through myUNSW to find what courses are available to suit our timetables.

YEWON THIS IS A PLEA FOR HELP PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ POST WHAT GEN-EDS ARE GOOD FOR US MED STUDENT'S TIMETABLES

I'm thinking of doing beginners Mandarin and perhaps something at COFA. I'll do something in commerce as back up if I can't get into those courses. But you say classes fill up quick? Perhaps I'll have to do my own research then.

Yeah I'm AB, so we don't as many 4 hour breaks as you do. Bit of a shame though, I was looking forward to going back to Coogee. The beaches here are completely shite, and what with the tsunami and all, are completely deserted.

I've got 30% of my days starting at 10 or later - I don't know if that's good or not, though, because I've forgotten what timetables were like last year. On closer examination, I get to leave before 5 on the majority of days, which is always a plus. And have you seen our allocated hospital time slots? They're like 4 hours long. Doubt we'll use them all though.

Fosweb

HSC
skywalker said:
Where's Yewon when you need her.
Yeah comeon yw. If you could just do a nice table of all the gen eds for us med people so I can see what fits into my med timetable that would be great. Thanks, that would almost be payback for paying out my shirt.

Kim, yeah i was looking at some of the COFA ones, but the problem is getting there I guess. I also cant do tuesday or thursday nights because of soccer.

The allocated hospital spots are for all the groups i guess. Since we are doing exactly the same thing in clinical this year as last year, i dont see why they need more than two hrs per class. So i guess the 4 hrs is split between the however many clinical groups there are. How crowded is it going to be when they VI classes... [rhetorical qu].

Um I'm in A2. Go A2. I hated long breaks anyway.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
hey boys =)

what's this about ageings and regressions??? haha.... trust the faculty...

well.. we have friday mornings 9-11am consistently free, at least for the next 8 weeks... but as michael so wisely pointed out, we're talking about friday mornings, which are after thursday nights... not such a good idea yeah? i think the only good-ish looking one in that slot was World Religions, run by the law faculty. it actually sounds ok, and assessment's jus based on one free-choice essay and one open-book exam. it's just... i like sleeping in... >.<
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but~~!!! there are a couple of late-night ish ones which look okayyy....

im trying to find someone to do GEND1204 with me... STUDIES IN PAINTING at cofa!
it's tuesdays 6pm-8pm so it doesnt clash with uni time. the one slightly-dodge things is, for A ppl, sometimes we finish relatively early on tuesdays, so it means hanging around from 3pm to 6pm. BUT... u get to hang around with me?? and that's gotta be fun, right?? right>???? anyway. i REALLY need a train buddy before i enrol cuz i don wanna be comin home from paddington alone >.< so... KIM.... i'm callin out to u here....

or if ur not interested, u could just do business fundamentals on friday mornings haha... cmon... sif u dont want to do painting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there are a few other late-night ones... but nothing that particularly interests me... i dono... u have a look... go to myunsw, click class search and just select semester 1 2005, and tick the box that says "gen eds only" and u'll get a list of 134 results with the times for each class.

there are also a few online ones but they look pretty boring, and i dont want to do anything online... i'll never get it done otherwise, and i dont want to do anything requiring essays =)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so... STUDIES IN PAINTING??? cmon kim... guys who get in touch with their creative side are sexy...????

Jaded Member
HSC
ooh yeah the other thing is...

if we dont do one now, we can do something during winter session and also in session 2.
painting is being offered during winter, if i dont do it now, i will do it then. but i want holidays free, u know?

and session 2 gen eds are slightly different to session 1 courses, i think there are more languages offered, and some interesting ones like that music technology one.

Fosweb

HSC
Ok so I think I'm going to think about it until the last minute. Which is the 11th of March.

I'll probably stay in Sydney and do one during winter, then do a session 2 one...

Can you do two during winter? That would make things easy...

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
hey yewon.. can u send me the link to Painting at UNSW for winter session?

cos im thinkin bout cross-institutional gen ed. :p

Jaded Member
HSC
Studies in Painting - GEND1204

Faculty: College of Fine Arts
School: School of Art
Campus: College of Fine Arts Campus
Career: Undergraduate
Units of Credit: 3
Contact Hours per Week: 0
Enrolment Requirements:
Excluded:SART1502.
Offered: Semester 1 2005
Semester 2 2005
Summer Semester 2005

Fee Band: 1

Description

Through paintings we can imagine other times, cultures, psychologies. Practical engagement with painting as a creative form involves the individual in selective and particular imaginative, intellectual and perceptual processes. This course provides an introduction to ways of looking, seeing, thinking and using materials to make paintings. The course involves both theoretical and practical exploration of visual elements to construct form-space relationships within a two-dimensional field. Practical studies include the simple preparation of painting supports, the mixing of tones and colours and experience in using a range of basic materials. The subject includes a supervised excursion to the AGNSW.

Note/s: Lecture/seminar/workshop. Paddington Campus.

http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/courses/2005/GEND1204.html

---------------------------------

hmm... im jus gonna enrol in it for now... i can always drop it before census date. cmon guys~~~~~~ grr....

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+ said:
so... STUDIES IN PAINTING??? cmon kim... guys who get in touch with their creative side are sexy...????
Should have said that with a bit more conviction...I was nearly convinced there for a second...you just know I love hanging out with you, though. Don't need convincing there...

I'm not so interested in painting, but there's a drawing class on at the same time. Same location too I think. Just to make sure I'm not mistaken, COFA's down the front end of the uni right?

I've also noticed that the course "Are we alone" is on Tuesdays from 4 - 6. I'm a sucker for punishment, so I might try two in a row. It'd beat sitting around for 3 hours after class to wait for a stupid Gen-ed, and I'd take care of the requirements in 1 semester. Interested in joining me?

Anywho, I've enrolled in both of these for now. I'll tell you if I find any better times.

Last edited:

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Oh wait I just realised that timetables are going to change next block. Maybe the Tuesday 4 - 6'er isn't such a great idea. But what else am I going to do from 3 - 6? Study? Pfffffft yah right

Ok wait last question, I promise. Does summer semester 2005 mean the holiday we're on now, or the one at the end of this year?

Last edited:

Fosweb

HSC
Summer session 2005 is on now (at the end of this year, the summer session will be 2006). I was hoping that we could do them then too, but i dont know. Maybe thats something we can find out when we get back.

Are we alone? Hrmm. Maybe thats best option at the moment...
Yewon: whats assessment like for that one?

Fosweb

HSC
Um also kim, COFA gen eds would be at COFA campus right? It's near St Vincents... Front end of uni? Hrmm.... ten mins by car depending on traffic...

Jaded Member
HSC
kim, did u enrol in drawing or painting?
u prolli dont want to have both are we alone and the cofa one, since cofa is about 15, 20 minutes from uni. (cofa campus is in paddington). there's a free shuttle bus every hour from the law building, and also we can use our *thank heaven for the* travelpass.

i think there are essays involved for are we alone, but apparently this is a very bludgey gen ed... so i've heard anyway... but yeh... sitting in a circle and talking with people... it sounds too much like a SGS or a communication tute =P eww....

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
My mistake; that's NIDA down the front. So COFA's near St. Vinnie's? That's not too bad I guess, though getting to Town Hall later by bus can be painful. I've walked to Museum from there after clinical, but it wasn't fun.

I've enrolled in the drawing one...I didn't read the description of the "Are we alone" gen-ed, so I can't comment on the course structure. But if it is really just discussion (and we all know how much we *love* discussion) then I might just opt for the drawing gen-ed and do something during winter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)