• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

AGREE OR DISAGREE? > I NEED YOU OPINIONS! (1 Viewer)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
"Private Schools" and "Public Schools" is too much of a generalisation.

Not all the teachers in private schools are better than the ones at public schools. And vice versa.

It may as well just be luck that you attended a public/private school that had good teachers. But in terms of facilities, private of course dominates. But who is to say that having better facilities means the students will do better?

In the end it's always up to the student to put the effort, regardless of school.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
there are differences between the elite private schools and those average independants, same as say Cheltenham and Mount Druitt *flame me* so you cant make a generalisation based on the performance or funding, as it doesnt show how students are catered for.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Ragerunner said:
"Private Schools" and "Public Schools" is too much of a generalisation.

Not all the teachers in private schools are better than the ones at public schools. And vice versa.

It may as well just be luck that you attended a public/private school that had good teachers. But in terms of facilities, private of course dominates. But who is to say that having better facilities means the students will do better?

In the end it's always up to the student to put the effort, regardless of school.
i have to say: agreed.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i go to a public school and always have... and i wouldn't change it for the world
i had the option to go to a private school for yr 11 and 12 because we had to change campuses for school anyway i chose not to and don't regret it
we have a variety of people at our school and i don't believe that u get a better social experience at private schools because you only met the people that can afford it and learn not to accept 'poorer' people
you get better life experience at a public school which becomes more important later in life to many people then whether you attended a private or public school.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
If your ganna learn, you'll earn anywhere. The standard of education in public schools is less than private schools, true but u can still rig up high 90 UAI's. It's up to the student, you dont go through life being spoon fed...

santaslayer

HSC
My Business/Economics teacher left the public school educational system all together because he said there were a lack of facilities and spirit amongst the teachers and students. :p

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
ive been to both, and ive found that if you need discipline then private schools are best, as they provide certain ground rules that government school hardly touch.

however, the chance of having a more diverse community and working together in a diverse community is available at government schools, as most private schools are homogenous in their population.

pcwizz

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
staCey* said:
"private schools best meet the EDUCATIONAL and SOCIAL needs of students"

i would greatly appreciate YOUR individual perspectives based on your experiences with the private and/or public education system.

BTW, this isn't to turn into a debate or for people to condemn either private or public schools.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. :)

how do private schools help students socially? uh no
and public schools can be just as good. sure there may be some dodgy ones but many public schools are reAly fantastic

miss_pie

HSC
if you do art or music then i think private or catholic coz you get more paint and guitars :)

astro

HSC
Private Schools have better facilities than public schools because of the exorbitant funding they get from the government

staCey*

santaslayer said:
My Business/Economics teacher left the public school educational system all together because he said there were a lack of facilities and spirit amongst the teachers and students. :p
and does* this business/economics teacher have an email address? itd be great if i can get a teachers viewpoint on this topic ! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)