Agriculture exam (1 Viewer)

2011_

HSC
Did any other BOSers sit the Agriculture exam today? What did you think of the new format?

For me, personally, the MC were strange - some very very easy with a few harder ones tossed in. And those who didn't take a calculator may have regretted it!!

sheepi

HSC
MC easy a little bit of common sense then the stort answer were heaps harder then past papers a lot of 6/7 mark questions which i dont like but overall ok then the elective way hard we did farming for 21st centenary and the 12 mark question was really specific

2011_

HSC
MC easy a little bit of common sense then the stort answer were heaps harder then past papers a lot of 6/7 mark questions which i dont like but overall ok then the elective way hard we did farming for 21st centenary and the 12 mark question was really specific
Agreed!! The short answers I am not confident in at all, and that 12 marker ...... hmmm... lets say it was more specific than my class were expecting.

jbek

HSC
I found this years paper and new format to be considerably harder than the previous. The multiple choice were weird and the short answers seemed to be longer than the independent trial. I actually use the 3 hours instead of the normal 2 hours an AG exam takes.

2011_

HSC
Oooooooooooooohhhhh phew! It's so comforting - I thought I was the only one thinking "this is harder than my past papers and trials........." :( I actually would have liked an extra 10 minutes but anway......

ruffshod

HSC
i fainted before the exam, hit my head and didnt get to sit it :/ :(
by the sounds of it it was really hard?

2011_

HSC
i fainted before the exam, hit my head and didnt get to sit it :/ :(
by the sounds of it it was really hard?
Lucky / unlucky for you. It was certainly challenging. The more I think about it, the more I think, how could they have made one little piece of a dot point a 12 marker?? (that was for Farming for the 21st century). Hope your head is ok!

sheepi

HSC
Lucky / unlucky for you. It was certainly challenging. The more I think about it, the more I think, how could they have made one little piece of a dot point a 12 marker?? (that was for Farming for the 21st century). Hope your head is ok!
that elective question threw me at first so i just spat out a heap of stuff about records, GPS yeild maps and NLIS data base -- my teacher said this was ok cause they all use computers to monitor factors however im still not convinced hopefully got a few marks :smile:

2011_

HSC
that elective question threw me at first so i just spat out a heap of stuff about records, GPS yeild maps and NLIS data base -- my teacher said this was ok cause they all use computers to monitor factors however im still not convinced hopefully got a few marks :smile:
I wrote similar stuff but I didn't do well, I'm really disappointed. I went into the exam feeling as if I knew a lot of content, but very little of what I knew seemed to be in the exam. Oh well....

ruffshod

HSC

Yeah im alright, got a lump, a few bruises and a splitting headache but nothing i cant handle :)
i did the climate challenge elective, not too sure what the 12 marker was like cause i havent seen the paper, but im sure it would have been hard. I'll let you know if i see it.
i'd say a little unlucky, i lost my syllabus and last week printed out a new one to find my teacher taught the old syllabus for plant/animal production. spent all weekend researching, lots of late nights, got it all done and just seems like a waste of time by not sitting the exam.. now im not prepared for biology :S

2011_

HSC
Here is the Climate Challenge question for you (I wish I had answered it, I could have got a fair few marks even though I did a different elective!):
a (i) 2 marks: Outline the basis of the Southern Oscillation Index (SOI)
a (ii) 6 marks: Describe the processes causing the climate events of La Nina and El Nino.
b (12 marks): Evaluate management options available to farmers to manage the effects of climate variability on plant or animal production.

Last edited:

ruffshod

HSC
thats a really easy 12 mark question, and definitely easy to make up stuff.. dont like the 6 marker, my teacher made us write 2 lines about el nino and el nina lol
you said you did farming for the 21st century? they'll probably end up scaling better cause it sounds harder then the climate challenge one

2011_

HSC
thats a really easy 12 mark question, and definitely easy to make up stuff.. dont like the 6 marker, my teacher made us write 2 lines about el nino and el nina lol
you said you did farming for the 21st century? they'll probably end up scaling better cause it sounds harder then the climate challenge one
I hope Farming for the 21st century does scale better. Good luck with Bio :)

clementc

Awesome Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Agriculture is so abandoned in comparison to all the other threads . . . does no one do it anymore? ='(

2011_

HSC
Haha you think it looks abandoned now?!?! Until yesterday afternoon it had 2 posts!!

clementc

Awesome Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Poor agriculture >=] Oh well good luck everyone haha, ag scales like crap *sigh*

sheepi

HSC
well only like 500 people do ag in the state its not exactly a popularity subject = ag fags what ever need i saw more?

yeah the climate change question was really straight forward apart from the El nino thingo and so was the bio tecnology 12 marker for that matter i wonder why they made the 21st century on so damm specific

btw ag scales better then PDHPE :tongue:

2011_

HSC
well only like 500 people do ag in the state its not exactly a popularity subject = ag fags what ever need i saw more?

yeah the climate change question was really straight forward apart from the El nino thingo and so was the bio tecnology 12 marker for that matter i wonder why they made the 21st century on so damm specific

btw ag scales better then PDHPE :tongue:
Hmm seems odd that some were straightforward, then 1 was sooooo specific. Let's hope it is all reflected in the scaling of the options (even though Ag doesn't scale especially well).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)