Ahhh!did anyone find this test hard! (1 Viewer)

bosby

HSC
Omg, i am totally freaking out after reading that people are actually complaining for getting raw marks of 75%, seriously WAKE UP! i would do anything to trade places and so would a majority of the state, my class found the exam way harder than previous years, i was quite happy with a possible raw mark of 69% thinking it would scale to over 90% as my teacher suggested but no i am really freaking out as u can tell as i have written a huge paragraph on this issue lol! :)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
69% is about 57/84 which seems a bit low for E4. but if so, then im stoked :D

stef.

dont base your judgement about how the state went in the exam based on this forum...maths nerds hang out here on a daily basis

just be happy with how u went..

im over hte moon with how i went.. i found it pretty straightforward...though there was a 5 minutes somewhere in there when i went "oh gosh" but then i went "oh yeah..."

im hoping for full marks..and then minus my silly mistakes

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
stephanie_168 said:
dont base your judgement about how the state went in the exam based on this forum...maths nerds hang out here on a daily basis

im over hte moon with how i went.. i found it pretty straightforward...though there was a 5 minutes somewhere in there when i went "oh gosh" but then i went "oh yeah..."

hahahha....

香港!

HSC
I didn't like how they had so much GEOMETRY... I am very crap at dem.. took a long time to work dem out :\

chin music

HSC
N/A
stephanie_168 said:

Haha that is very true. I can assure u that the ppl here arent an indication of the state. Here is the stats for the state. The usual average for 2 unit ppl doing 2 unit is 50%. The average for 3 unit ppl doing 2 unit is about 70%(on a normal year this year will be way lower). Average for 3 unit doing 3 unit is 40%. Average for 4 unit doing 3 unit is65-70%. So there are a lot of dumb ppl out there. I must say that me and a couple of friends thought it was pretty easy however the 4 units in my school (who are fuckn freaks at maths) came out saying that they didnt think they passed. Looking back at the test it wasnt the hardest paper in recent times but it wasnt the easiest. I reckon the projectile motion on q 6 was harder then an average projectile motion question 7. I also thought the very last question was hell hard. But hey this is 3 unit. If it was easy then dumb ppl would be doing it getting good marks. But as my maths teacher says, the smarter u r, the more dissapointed youll be after the exam. So calm down everyone. Scaling will be good and youll all do well.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
chin music said:
Haha that is very true. I can assure u that the ppl here arent an indication of the state. Here is the stats for the state. The usual average for 2 unit ppl doing 2 unit is 50%. The average for 3 unit ppl doing 2 unit is about 70%(on a normal year this year will be way lower). Average for 3 unit doing 3 unit is 40%. Average for 4 unit doing 3 unit is65-70%. So there are a lot of dumb ppl out there. I must say that me and a couple of friends thought it was pretty easy however the 4 units in my school (who are fuckn freaks at maths) came out saying that they didnt think they passed. Looking back at the test it wasnt the hardest paper in recent times but it wasnt the easiest. I reckon the projectile motion on q 6 was harder then an average projectile motion question 7. I also thought the very last question was hell hard. But hey this is 3 unit. If it was easy then dumb ppl would be doing it getting good marks. But as my maths teacher says, the smarter u r, the more dissapointed youll be after the exam. So calm down everyone. Scaling will be good and youll all do well.
where are you getting these figures from?

who_loves_maths

I wanna be a nebula too!!
somewhere amidst the nebulaic cloud of your heart
HSC
Originally Posted by 香港!
I didn't like how they had so much GEOMETRY... I am very crap at dem.. took a long time to work dem out :\
you can always use your overt mastery of integration :p after all, isn't the practice of rotating shapes or revolving objects around lines and integrating them essentially ... geometric?
hehe...

香港!

HSC
aye dey had TWO circle geometry q's worth a total 8 marks..
so scared I couldn't do them when I first saw it -_-
But it was crap anyway, I prefer other stuffs way more!
Dey didn't even test much inverse trig or polynomials I think..:(

chin music

HSC
N/A
Jago said:
where are you getting these figures from?
Before the exam my maths teacher gave us stats on the past 10 years for, 2 units doing 2 unit, 3 units doing 2 unit, 3 units doing 3 unit, 4 units doing 3 unit. There was shitloads of stats there. It had like the top and lowest marks each year and how many ppl got them, average for q 10, and way more. 2003 the average for 2 units doing 2 unit was like 44%. I need to find the sheets again but i can assure u wat i said was basically right for every year.

who_loves_maths

I wanna be a nebula too!!
somewhere amidst the nebulaic cloud of your heart
HSC
Originally Posted by 香港!
hahaha, I haven't admit that I am FF
So I Don't Know
kekeke
Originally Posted by xrtzx
lmao....... well ff does the same subjects as u very ironic
yea well, i heard a rumour that FF fled the country just to get away from the HSC ? ... something about fleeing to live in Hong Kong now ... :rolleyes:

香港!

HSC
who_loves_maths said:
yea well, i heard a rumour that FF fled the country just to get away from the HSC ? ... something about fleeing to live in Hong Kong now ... :rolleyes:
hahaha, yeap FF fled from the HSC, he having a holiday in HK now:)

香港!

HSC
^
he might come back some time soon.. hehehe

yea i put in the UAI calculator thing my raw marks den i got that lol
:(

香港!

HSC
added all my assessment weightings up
den popped that raw % into the calc....
you can see they are quite low :(:(:(:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)