Ahmose, Queen consort of Thutmose 1 and mother of Hat,sut. (1 Viewer)

kirabolton

HSC
I reaallly need some information on her for part of an assignment but i CANNOT find any, anywhere. It's always oh yes, she was mother of Hat'sut...nothing else!

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
i would try Gae Callender, also P/s - there should be some from Deir-el-Bahri, also i believe (im trying to remember) there is a Stela of Ahmose somewhere, mentions her and her position, if u look for summaries of Hat. in the family background there should be some stuff about her,m as she was part of a royal bloodline, if you cant find any, also try finding about Ahmose's parents and look from there.

Hope i helped somewhat, i gave my notes away, but i'll try and find my summaries

roseangel

Take the Money and Run
HSC
In Deir el-Bahri there's her Divine Conception and Birth Scenes, and they depict Ahmose. But that's more just showing her as Hatty's mother; not saying anything about her character or anything.
Location- Middle Colonnade, Deir el-Bahri funerary temple on the right hand side. Lower half of the wall, running left to right.
Story:
1. A Council of the Gods is held, Amun prophesises the birth of Hatshepsut
2. Amun visits Queen Ahmose (Hatshepsut’s mother)
Scene: The god sits with the queen, holding the ankh to her nose and mouth.
Text: Amun appears as Thutmose I to the queen and they copulate. He reveals his true form and Ahmose is very happy! Amun proclaims his daughter Hatshepsut is conceived and she will be king
3. Khnum fashions Hatshepsut and her ka on a potter’s wheel- both the children are depicted as male. Khnum’s wife Heket gives them life
4. Heket and Khnum lead Ahmose off to give birth
5. The child is born, the birth attended by Bes and Tawaret an by other gods- offer symbols of life, protection and power
6. Hathor presents Hatshepsut to Amun, she is suckled by Hathor and assistants who nurse the 14 kas belonging to the newborn god

As for other information I remember,
Ahmose was the king’s chief wife (thus Hatshepsut could have considered herself to be of greater importance than Thut III who was only a concubine's son, and thus more suited to rule)
Redford thought maybe Ahmose was the daughter of King Ahmose and Queen Ahmose-Nefertari? (Which would have raised her importance, being daughter of the founder of the Dynasty)

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
roseangel said:
Ahmose was the king’s chief wife (thus Hatshepsut could have considered herself to be of greater importance than Thut III who was only a concubine's son, and thus more suited to rule)

That is i believe one of callenders main points when she talks about the assumption of the throne, id try and get some more bout that if i could

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)