Ahst 101. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thommy

HSC
N/A
Who thinks this is an awful course? With an average of over 200 pages of reading a week, there is more content in it than in my other three subjects combined.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Look dude, some subjects just require more work than others, that doesn't make them awful it just makes them challenging. I think its a great introductory course, most of the topics have been presented fantastically and its pretty structured and organised compared to many other ancient history units.

X

xeuyrawp

Who thinks this is an awful course? With an average of over 200 pages of reading a week, there is more content in it than in my other three subjects combined.
You've got to make priorities, tbh.

thommy

HSC
N/A
Look dude, some subjects just require more work than others, that doesn't make them awful it just makes them challenging. I think its a great introductory course, most of the topics have been presented fantastically and its pretty structured and organised compared to many other ancient history units.
I'm not a dude, and I rspect your opinion. I just think that there's way too much content, the amount of work we have to do is just too much IMO.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Why didn't you drop it before the census date?

X

xeuyrawp

But I had no idea the subject was going to be like that. I have so much to do for my other subjects, let alone this one.
Okay...?

So what do you want us to say? 'Poor baby, have a lollipop?'

But I had no idea the subject was going to be like that. I have so much to do for my other subjects, let alone this one.
Yeah, it's not like all the information is outlined in the study guide, right? /sarcasm

If you can't prioritise and you can't deal with one bad subject, you should probably give up on uni now.

thommy

HSC
N/A
Okay...?

So what do you want us to say? 'Poor baby, have a lollipop?'

Yeah, it's not like all the information is outlined in the study guide, right? /sarcasm

If you can't prioritise and you can't deal with one bad subject, you should probably give up on uni now.
No, what I really mean is that I don't like the outlay of the course, the way tha we have to read so much each week and a lot of it is online. I hate reading things online, and I'm ot going to print 200 pages every week. I really don't understand why we can't see the outline before we do the subject.

X

xeuyrawp

No, what I really mean is that I don't like the outlay of the course, the way tha we have to read so much each week and a lot of it is online. I hate reading things online, and I'm ot going to print 200 pages every week. I really don't understand why we can't see the outline before we do the subject.
You get the outline before census date.

Because I did that last semester, and didn't want to do it again.
Okay, so? I'm sure there are literally hundreds of students who withdraw before semester date. It's a part of being in uni.

I've done it twice, myself. I'm sure people who have less of an idea do it even more often.

Toughen up.

thommy

HSC
N/A
You get the outline before census date.

Okay, so? I'm sure there are literally hundreds of students who withdraw before semester date. It's a part of being in uni.

I've done it twice, myself. I'm sure people who have less of an idea do it even more often.

Toughen up.
I know, but wold it be that hard for them to let us see the otline before we did the subject. I know some unis do get to see them before they decide to do the course or not. And the thing is, I like the content in the subject, just not they way that it's structured.

X

xeuyrawp

I know, but wold it be that hard for them to let us see the otline before we did the subject.
um wtf? You saw it before census date and yet still didn't drop out. That was plenty of time. Clearly you're just a whinger who can't prioritise.

thommy

HSC
N/A
um wtf? You saw it before census date and yet still didn't drop out. That was plenty of time. Clearly you're just a whinger who can't prioritise.
Because as I said I didn't want to withdraw twice in one year. You're missing my point - why can't we see the outline before the subject starts.

X

xeuyrawp

Because as I said I didn't want to withdraw twice in one year.
How's that anybody's problem but your own?

You're missing my point - why can't we see the outline before the subject starts.
Because they're often not written until right before the subject starts? Students have more than enough time to swap units.

Not sure what your problem is, tbh.

Peartie

HSC
why can't we see the outline before the subject starts.
I dont know about AHST101 but every subject i have done we get to access the study guide beofre semester starts (after we have enrolled - it is on eStudent) and in the study guide it says what the readings for each week are....surely you will be able to see p. 101-201 means there are 100 pages of readings or whatever......

Really you just need to toughen up....I dont complain about the work I have for German...which when I look at it (a 3cp course) and compare to my other (4cp) courses is alot more - with lots of readings etc....I know what I have to do...I work out what and when Im doing it and get over it.... Learn to deal with things like this - its part of uni and its part of life!

thommy

HSC
N/A
How's that anybody's problem but your own?

Because they're often not written until right before the subject starts? Students have more than enough time to swap units.

Not sure what your problem is, tbh.
I' just saying I think we should get to see them.

And btw, I'm so glad it's over now. I bet I mucked up the exam though.

X

xeuyrawp

I' just saying I think we should get to see them.

And btw, I'm so glad it's over now. I bet I mucked up the exam though.
Yes, and like I clearly said, they're often not completed until soon before class.

But clearly you can't read, which is possibly your source of problem.

However, this is all made irrelevant by the fact that clearly noone gives a toss and the fact that you're clearly a whinger who needs to toughen up.

That's four clearlies. Four.

thommy

HSC
N/A
Yes, and like I clearly said, they're often not completed until soon before class.

But clearly you can't read, which is possibly your source of problem.

However, this is all made irrelevant by the fact that clearly noone gives a toss and the fact that you're clearly a whinger who needs to toughen up.

That's four clearlies. Four.

I'm just expressing my opinion. You seem to not understand that I didn't withdraw because I liked the content. The only thing that I did not like was the format. I am diapoointed because I was planning on doing other ancient subjects, but now have decided not to because of the format in which they're set.

I bet you wouldn't be so derogatory to me if I wasn't female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)