Aim (1 Viewer)

giantfatiguana

HSC
Does anyone know about the Australian Institue of Music? was interested in studying audio engineering or something to that effect. I also play guitar and am interested in performance and wanted to know how good the courses were, the success rate with regards to employment etc.

Jocharles

HSC
Does anyone know about the Australian Institue of Music? was interested in studying audio engineering or something to that effect. I also play guitar and am interested in performance and wanted to know how good the courses were, the success rate with regards to employment etc.
That job is all about networking, not certification. you can finish ur degree and not have a job after words and still be left with 44000 on fees.
If you do go for it don't be fooled into doing the diploma first. This is just another money making scheme and a extra year of costs teaching you the basics that you learnt in kindergarten.
If you want to be a audio engineer go do a music university course which will require you audition. Uni degrees hold more weight then private providers in the eyes of employers and they are 1/3 of the cost.

I have heard many bad reviews about private providers as i too want to become sound engineer and have done my research and networking.

PS. I emphasize this job will only get you somewhere if you know someone in the business who will be willing to take you on as there is less of a demand for technical skills with audio equipment as home studios are cheaper then chips and everyone is doing it.

best of luck

m4tt3h

HSC
Im a student at SAE. They have an internship thing in trimester 3-4 at 301 studios. great if your really into the engineering side. We have students here that did the AIM production course and got nothing from it. I wouldn't suggest it for the production course. There music course.I wouldn't have to much to say about. But Engineering SAE is right good.

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
you are what you make yourself.
If you're proactive during your time, and make an effort to apply the theory/skills you learn at AIM in the real world (i.e. through voluntary internships and work experience), then you'll have connections/working skills to further yourself.
I have many audio friends who are doing really well after AIM, but these are students who took every opportunity to record other students, interned at studios, etc etc...

However, with the performance degree, yes it's a good idea to know your theory and be in an environment where you're constantly required to perform, but you can't rely on a degree to get you a job. Bear in mind that the degree is two years (you may make this as flexible as you like and defer subjects)... if you choose performance, there is alot you have to learn at a rather intense pace. You need to be proactive with your studies and be constantly applying yourself to succeed.

I'd recommend the more "behind the scenes" courses than the performance degrees i.e. audio, arts management, composition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)